Beginners and Beyond

Sunday, February 14 (Read 41 times)

onemile

DAMN YOU GARMIN!!!!

I would've had 20 miles this morning, it was only 25 degrees with a feels like 19 so I did the 3.2 mile (hilly) loop with a few roads added in. Things were going fine until around mile 12.3 when my garmin suddenly said "Low Battery".........

I ended up making it to 16 miles this morning, at least I got over 15.

But if you knew the distance of the loop, what prevented you from running it one more time? That you wouldn't have splits in your log? 

Half Crazy K 2.0

8.45 with 2 x 2 miles at HM pace. It warmed up to 16 degrees.

delicate flower

21:06 for my 5k.  I finally beat the girl who always finishes in front of me and ran a 19:58 at the last one but I still finished 3rd AG and 5th OA because a couple new ladies showed up.

Nice job!  Kudos for winning that mental battle with yourself and doing the race.  How'd the layering go?

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

21:06 for my 5k.  I finally beat the girl who always finishes in front of me and ran a 19:58 at the last one but I still finished 3rd AG and 5th OA because a couple new ladies showed up.

Great job!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

Nice job!  Kudos for winning that mental battle with yourself and doing the race.  How'd the layering go?

I was happy with what I wore, except I would have skipped the gloves.

I wore:  Lululemon toasty tech tights, a long sleeve tech shirt with a short sleeve tech shirt on top. And on top of that my North Face Isotherm Windstopper jacket.  A neck warmer, UA Thermal Beanie.  Regular socks.  Asics liner gloves.  My hands got hot after the first mile and I wanted to ditch the gloves.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

But if you knew the distance of the loop, what prevented you from running it one more time? That you wouldn't have splits in your log? 

It would've bothered me knowing my watch wouldn't log it and the time, plus I had goofed around on the routes so I wasn't really sure and I want to be exact on mileage and time.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

delicate flower

I was happy with what I wore, except I would have skipped the gloves.

I wore:  Lululemon toasty tech tights, a long sleeve tech shirt with a short sleeve tech shirt on top. And on top of that my North Face Isotherm Windstopper jacket.  A neck warmer, UA Thermal Beanie.  Regular socks.  Asics liner gloves.  My hands got hot after the first mile and I wanted to ditch the gloves.

I'd always rather my hands be too hot than too cold.  Cold hands are the worst.

<3

LRB

It's another cold one here (currently 6), but I have no desire to run on that belt again, like zero. I just might head out depending on how I feel after coffee, we'll see.

I ended up going out.

I have a ton of shit to choose from in terms of winter apparel, but that is never a sure thing. Thankfully, today, I nailed it.

Nice run.

delicate flower

It would've bothered me knowing my watch wouldn't log it and the time, plus I had goofed around on the routes so I wasn't really sure and I want to be exact on mileage and time.

Team needs the miles.  Please charge your watch and go run 10 more miles k thx.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, onemile!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

But at least you would have had some approximate to 20 instead of quitting at 16.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Team needs the miles.  Please charge your watch and go run 10 more miles k thx.

Lol, I want to but DH wasn't too happy when I got home because apparently I had forgotten to shut the front door after letting the dogs back in now something tells me Jetta wouldn't have let any stranger in that house, but you never know. If we weren't going to the movies tonight, needing my mom to watch Dorian, I would have her watch him so I could get in that other 4 miles.

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

But at least you would have had some approximate to 20 instead of quitting at 16.

But no proof, and no real idea of time. It just bothers me to "fly/run blind".

But 16 is still better that what I would've gotten had it been much colder, hell my hydration bladder was already frozen by mile 11 and the bottle of water mixed with Perpetuem that I stuck in my mailbox was already freezing.

On the leaderboards in Team Windchill I am in 9th place, that is 2 up from a month or so ago.  

PRs

onemile

Lol, I want to but DH wasn't too happy when I got home because apparently I had forgotten to shut the front door after letting the dogs back in now something tells me Jetta wouldn't have let any stranger in that house, but you never know. If we weren't going to the movies tonight, needing my mom to watch Dorian, I would have her watch him so I could get in that other 4 miles.

One of my GSDs will happily let anyone in and ask for a pat on her head. The other one, not so much. He does not care for strangers in his home or yard.  I actually prefer the former. Easier to manage and less of a liability.

LRB

I pretty much know where I am on all of my routes at all times, so I could approximate it. But if you don't know or are not sure, yeah, that sucks.