Beginners and Beyond

Sunday, February 14 (Read 41 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Nice race Onemile.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I pretty much know where I am on all of my routes at all times, so I could approximate it. But if you don't know or are not sure, yeah, that sucks.

Yeah, I am horrible with the whole estimating and measuring and shit.

"One of my GSDs will happily let anyone in and ask for a pat on her head. The other one, not so much. He does not care for strangers in his home or yard.  I actually prefer the former. Easier to manage and less of a liability."

Her bark is really the scariest thing that would scare someone away first, but she shows a lot of great qualities when playing with DH. She goes straight for the hand/wrist or legs and if she gets hold of his hand/wrist she won't let go, she doesn't bite down hard (well, sometimes when she gets overexcited she will) but she'll hold on to it very calmly. I'd really like to put her through training to better control her instincts. At the shop we keep a shock collar on her mainly because anytime things get exciting, she starts barking and all excited and that gets really annoying, and she likes to bark at DH or anybody else who walks in so we use the vibrating/buzzing sound to remind her to shut up.

I just bought a muzzle for her when we're on the trails, that way if we run into someone she won't use that scary ass bark of her's to give them a heart attack (and there's no chance of biting). But I can't keep her from sticking her nose into places/body parts where it doesn't belong..........

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Ran 11. A tad colder than yesterday, I'd say, but I was better prepared - I had the buff on my face right from the start. It kept my face comfortable but it obstructed my breathing, and near the end I was pretty pissed off with that, especially since the Buff was iced in my beard and I could not pull it down to breathe better.

Oh, well, it's done. Ran 28 in two days in this weather. 69.7 for the week.

Cyberic

Congrats onemile. Racing a 5K in the cold must be... ackward.

LRB

21:06 for my 5k.  I finally beat the girl who always finishes in front of me and ran a 19:58 at the last one but I still finished 3rd AG and 5th OA because a couple new ladies showed up.

The numbers are nowhere near what you're capable of, but you did good just to show up in that crap and not mail it completely in.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

21:06 for my 5k.  I finally beat the girl who always finishes in front of me and ran a 19:58 at the last one but I still finished 3rd AG and 5th OA because a couple new ladies showed up.

Nice!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Good morning!

I ran 8.3 with the last 6 at MP, but I didn't mean to.  I felt good, so I just cruised.  It didn't hurt my confidence any when I got home and looked at the pretty numbers.

I hope everyone has a great day!

It's wonderful when the effort comes easy. Is this race week?

Ric-G

6 miles this morning and furniture moving this afternnoon...is the nfl done ? when was the super bowl? seems like a few weeks ago.

nice job onemile

marathon pr - 3:16

Cyberic

It's wonderful when the effort comes easy. Is this race week?

Yeah, when is the race again?

MTA: Just checked the Feb racing thread. Marathon on the 27th. You feel ready?

LRB

6 miles this morning and furniture moving this afternnoon...is the nfl done ? when was the super bowl? seems like a few weeks ago.

nice job onemile

Haha, I'm watching the Seahawks vs the Rams from earlier in the season! Well, I guess technically I'm not watching it, it's on the tube.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!!

Had a great 22 miler yesterday, ended up with 14 today.  Went out for 15, misjudged my route and by the time I got close to the house, I just didn't feel like adding the extra mile on, I think it'll be ok. 

Not as cold as what some of y'all are seeing (or even what I've dealt with in the past), but pretty damn cold for SC!!  I think this was my coldest run this winter.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Yeah, when is the race again?

MTA: Just checked the Feb racing thread. Marathon on the 27th. You feel ready?

I feel ready when I am running.  When I think about it while not running,  I am terrified.

Runner with a riding problem.

Zelanie

I feel ready when I am running.  When I think about it while not running,  I am terrified.

Luckily, you'll be running during the actual event. Smile

Cyberic

Smile

Luckily, you'll be running during the actual event. Smile

Cyberic

PleasantRidge, you are very well prepared for your first marathon, IMO. You have the endurance to run for 26.2 miles, no problem, with all those miles you've been running for quite a while now.