Beginners and Beyond

Boston Lurker Thread (Read 55 times)

RunningOnSand

According to the race results, I was 5496/26632 OA, and 611/2447 AG.  That is top 20% and 25%, respectively, against the best marathoners in the world.  Holy crap.

!!!! That's awesome!!!

Cyberic

Single image download is $30. If I had a really good one, maybe. I don’t see any worth that. Maybe I’ll change my mind, we’ll see.

There'll be a 3 for 1 offer in a month

DavePNW

There'll be a 3 for 1 offer in a month

Well my problem is more that I'm not even sure if there is one good one; there certainly aren't three. I'd rather they reduced the price of individual pics. But I doubt they do that.

Dave

Pinktastic

You're probably too hard on your pictures.   You should let us choose for you! 

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

DavePNW

According to the race results, I was 5496/26632 OA, and 611/2447 AG.  That is top 20% and 25%, respectively, against the best marathoners in the world.  Holy crap.

Outstanding work.

For me: 8141/26632 OA (30.6%), 587/1853 AG (31.7%). I feel pretty good about being in the top third of that field. And maybe I already posted this, but coming in ranked 13799 (based on my bib #) and finishing 8141 makes me realize my day was not nearly as awful as a lot of people's. So I feel pretty proud of that too.

Interesting stats:

• 30,234 entered, 27,355 started. Almost 3000 people get in and don't show up! I don't know if that's the same kind of figure every year, but that seems like a lot. Obviously some people get injured or other things come up, but there's 3000 people who missed the cutoff who would have loved that chance.
            • 26,632 finished, or 97.4% of the starters. Again, not sure how this compares to past years, but wouldn't surprise me if there was a higher than usual number of DNFs this year. Still a pretty good number I think, not sure how it compares to other marathons. I wonder if that rate is different for time-qualifiers vs. charity runners?

Dave

Hip Redux

Something like only 95% finished last year.

Eta - looks like 2018 was 95.8% and 2017 was 97%.

DavePNW

They'll have a BOGO or buy one get two deal eventually, if you are not in a hurry to get photos.  In hindsight, the $60 pre-race offer would have been a good deal, but I didn't expect them to get FIFTY TWO photos of me.

Wow, I "only" have 26. You are twice as important as me.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wow, I "only" have 26. You are twice as important as me.

Don’t forget he also appears on videos with the marine crawler!

Damaris

DavePNW

Don’t forget he also appears on videos with the marine crawler!

I suppose that could be half the photos.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I suppose that could be half the photos.

My thoughts exactly.

Damaris

DavePNW

They also make a personal ~1 minute video for everyone, based mainly on video taken on the course along the way. I can barely see myself in any of the footage, but OK. It did show me crossing the finish, so that was pretty cool. My form looked pretty awful at that point, lol.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They also make a personal ~1 minute video for everyone, based mainly on video taken on the course along the way. I can barely see myself in any of the footage, but OK. It did show me crossing the finish, so that was pretty cool. My form looked pretty awful at that point, lol.

The ones from the Paris Marathon were like that.  3 minutes of footage in which 5000 people passed by and I couldn't identify me.  ALl of a sudden, someone that looked like me went by like flash, but I can't even tell if it was really me, especially since it looked like a foot shorter than what I am...

Damaris

GinnyinPA

I never did get an email about reduced prices on the photos. I might have wanted the Boyleston St. one but I wasn't willing to spend $30 for it.  The video was pretty useless. Lots of race photos, very few that included me.

DavePNW

You're probably too hard on your pictures.   You should let us choose for you! 

Wow, there's a blast from the past!

Dave

Pinktastic

Wow, there's a blast from the past!

Former runner; long time lurker; just trying to get back to running again after 2 kids and 2 cardiac ablations. 

I've been tracking y'all's training for a few years now.    Congrats again - you and Phil are ROCK STARS!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.