Beginners and Beyond

Runner forfiets race over bib number (Read 191 times)

The thing that I do not understand is that wishing anyone a happy whatever is usually done with only good intentions.

Well, you know what they say about what the road to hell is paved with...

Dave

happylily

I guess I'm going straight to hell, then... Oh well, it's okay. I'm ready.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Love the Half

It amazes and saddens me the number of people in this thread mocking this young woman's religious beliefs.  The United States keeps talking about how it is "open minded" and "tolerant," yet let someone have a deeply held religious beliefs, especially Christian, and they will be mocked and vilified.  The officials absolutely knew that the reason she didn't want the number was because of Christian religious beliefs.  They just didn't care because it is perfectly acceptable to be intolerant of Christians.

Christians are the only majority on the planet that manages to constantly assert that they are being persecuted.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Love the Half

I guess I'm going straight to hell, then... Oh well, it's okay. I'm ready.

Just for you Lily:

Straight to Hell

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Birdwell

the souls of those who don't put the response to a quote below the quoted text?

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Christians are the only majority on the planet that manages to constantly assert that they are being persecuted.

LTH, I don't agree with you often, but I'll drink a beer with you to that.

Running is dumb.

Haven't you heard there's a "War on Christmas" going on? It is at risk of being completely obliterated!

Dave

Hip Redux

Haven't you heard there's a "War on Christmas" going on? It is at risk of being completely obliterated!

I think it is taking refuge in Costco.  It's like Christmas threw up in there.

This is like saying Happy Birthday to other people because it's your birthday.  I'm not sure that's being inclusive or just confusing the hell out of people.

So far I vote Oski is winning the thread.

Dave

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Try that on an Android phone.  Any other website and I could, but this websites format on this browser is kind of hard to format a response.

the souls of those who don't put the response to a quote below the quoted text?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

It amazes and saddens me the number of people in this thread mocking this young woman's religious beliefs.  The United States keeps talking about how it is "open minded" and "tolerant," yet let someone have a deeply held religious beliefs, especially Christian, and they will be mocked and vilified.  The officials absolutely knew that the reason she didn't want the number was because of Christian religious beliefs.  They just didn't care because it is perfectly acceptable to be intolerant of Christians.

Marathon Jesus DNF'd for my sins because he wasn't wearing a fuel belt.

You people have issues 

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Don't exclude people.  Holiday threw up in Costco, unless you mean baby Jesus threw up in isle seven.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Don't exclude people.  Holiday threw up in Costco, unless you mean baby Jesus threw up in isle seven.

No, I'm pretty sure it was just Christmas that threw up.  Kwanza and Hanukah just burped a little on the bottom of one display rack.

Hip Redux

So far I vote Oski is winning the thread.

I'll be here all week.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I am now ready for the holidays. My Festivus Pole is ready.