Beginners and Beyond

WetnesDAILY for Penguins (Read 28 times)

Sloooow.

It's nearly 8pm and still 89F outside, so I did 3.6 miles on the treadmill. Still felt crappy, maybe my legs are on strike! I'll still keep trying for the magic 6 on the rest of my runs this week, but if not I'll just take it as a cutback week.

Zelanie

3 miles on my own and 1 more at PT- done!  Really the knee has been great since I discovered the magic of tape.

I also spent part of today driving across town and answering 34982343525 texts because my boss wasn't able to send an email with an attachment.  And I'm not even supposed to be here today! Roll eyes

Tomas- That's not much of a summer! Sad   Hope that you get a good raise.

Traci- That sounds so frustrating for you!  I am sorry that you are still dealing with this.

Jack- Your training has been going so well lately!

Ginny- That trail sounds absolutely lovely!  Out here, the raspberries are ripe and the early blueberries are just coming on.

Margo- Hope the gym treadmill went well!

Lauren- Glad you got the billing thing worked out!  How annoying that they went to collections before contacting you.

Scottydog- Glad you're feeling better!

Coralie- I think it's harder to get new distances on a treadmill.  Outside, you really only have to manage half the distance, then you can "just run home".  On the treadmill you need to run the whole way. Tongue  It's a head game, but that's how it works for me, anyway.

Baconista- 5K is close to your current long run distance, correct?  If so, I'd recommend keeping your runs between now and race day to half that distance, and taking one of the two days completely off.  The Zombie run might be OK (for a shorter time if you can?) just because I do believe that it's the volume of running more than the intensity that is usually recommended to decrease for a taper.

Zelanie- the problem is since I am jumping from an asst principal to a principal I have to work more. But since I am not a principal yet, I don't get the 2 weeks vacation that the superintendent and other principals get. It's all

Good though. My wife is teaching summer school so we are not doing a whole lot anyways.

Next Tuesday we are flying to north Carolina to see my sister and bro In law for a week though. That will be fun.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Zelanie

Tomas- Congratulations on getting the principal promotion! Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Tomas- Congratulations on getting the principal promotion! Smile

Woot, Tomas!

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Uh-oh... T-rod has moved to the dark side. Wink Congrats!

Bin Running

Congrats, Tomas..  Now, you can go and get that checked suit..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Amazonian Princess

Congrats, Tomas..  Now, you can go and get that checked suit..

I just saw the pic of the checkered jacket on the FB thread - with all due respect, I'm with the wife, so step away from the plaid, lad Wink

Took it easy with another 2.5 miles tonight. Tried out some new shorts and learned about chafing. No lasting damage but it was, um, educational, and made me glad I didn't wait until Saturday's race to try them out. Might just walk with hand weights tomorrow; is it weird that if I make myself wait for 2 days before I run again that I'm more excited about it?

I can. I will. I am.