Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #3 (Read 33 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hey Damaris, I found this interesting - overview of USADA rules covering asthma/allergy drugs. I learned that my marathon PR last month was set illegally. 

LOL. It's always been that if you are an elite or winning a price, you have to ask for permission to use your inhaler (like Paula Radcliffe had to do). I just read his links and I'm legal (not sure about you). :-P

But doubt they will do anything and DQ a 6 hour marathoner. I'm safe...

PS, I hardly use rescue inhalers which they seemed to have more issue with.

Damaris

LRB

Managed to come down with a cold again. My immune system is killing me (more importantly my running) these days. Hopefully I'll be back at it in a day or two. I'm feeling a little better today than yesterday, so progress is good.

Hope you all are doing well!

Seems it's the season for that. Damn near everyone I see these days is coughing or has a nose that's percolating.

onemile

I ran 8

DavePNW

LOL. It's always been that if you are an elite or winning a price, you have to ask for permission to use your inhaler (like Paula Radcliffe had to do). I just read his links and I'm legal (not sure about you). :-P

But doubt they will do anything and DQ a 6 hour marathoner. I'm safe...

PS, I hardly use rescue inhalers which they seemed to have more issue with.

Apparently albuterol rescue inhalers are actually OK, no permission required, as long as you use them within the defined limits (which are reasonable).

Most of my stuff is legal, but my illegality is Breo - completely disallowed. I used to take Advair which is generally similar and is allowed within defined limits. IDK what makes Breo illegal, but I switched because they are both so damn expensive and I got a coupon for Breo.

Also illegal is Prednisone, but only when in competition. OK when not in competition. But if you are in a condition where you need Prednisone, you probably aren’t racing.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think Breo is relatively new, which might be why they have not added it like Symbicort, etc. Mine is Symbicort so I think I am good so long as I use it as indicated.

How is Breo working for you? Before moving here, I was this close to asking hubby to prescribe it to me because I felt Symbicort wasn't helping anymore. Now it works great.

Damaris

Cyberic

Ran 12ish

sdWhiskers

ive heard of good things of Beachbody, but I’m with HC about Cathe. Her stuff rocks.

Cathe is basically 2x price of Beachbody. I'll have to check her out because I've never heard of her before and there's no free trial that I can find for the OnDemand service. I need variety though so worry a little about buying workouts from just one trainer.

sdWhiskers

Managed to come down with a cold again. My immune system is killing me (more importantly my running) these days. Hopefully I'll be back at it in a day or two. I'm feeling a little better today than yesterday, so progress is good.

Ughhh I feel like you have already been sick enough for this year and next. Hoping the coughing doesn't return.

sdWhiskers

Ran 12ish

Is it frozen beard time yet?

DavePNW

I think Breo is relatively new, which might be why they have not added it like Symbicort, etc. Mine is Symbicort so I think I am good so long as I use it as indicated.

How is Breo working for you? Before moving here, I was this close to asking hubby to prescribe it to me because I felt Symbicort wasn't helping anymore. Now it works great.

Seems to work OK, similar to Advair. Which I guess is similar to Symbicort but I’ve never taken that one. All three are expensive, but apparently they finally came out with a generic version of Advair, so that’s good news.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Hope you all are doing well!

I feel like anytime someone says they’ve come down with something, the required response is “Did you get a flu shot?!” But we’ve already been through that. Feel better!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

blue, id vote option B as well w/o the insanely long “warmup” (10 miles?! Really?!)

I’ve done that before — with this race, actually — and I ran a PR! But the course change means it’s 11.5 miles now...

chasing the impossible

Baboon

delicate flower

I’ve done that before — with this race, actually — and I ran a PR! But the course change means it’s 11.5 miles now...

Have you picked which race yet?  I've literally spent less time picking what car to buy.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Have you picked which race yet?  I've literally spent less time picking what car to buy.

Didn't you recently get a new car that you just had to go sign stuff cause DW took care of it?

bluerun

Super B****

Of course not!! You think I was joking when I said I’m indecisive? It’s a serious problem.

chasing the impossible