Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES: Hurry up and wait (Read 42 times)

From the Internet.

Nice race boon!

Little Blue

DavePNW

1:39:39

NICE. Conquered the hills!

So it was -2 when I got up, waited till 10:00 to go out, when it was 8. Did 17 miles, and it was 19 degrees when I got home. And sunny at least.

So the knee held up I guess, but it was really unhappy throughout the run; I probably should not have done this. And of course it is very painful now. Dammit.

Regarding time of day: I run early morning out of convenience. But it is always super-slow at the start, takes me at least 3 miles to warm up. When I do run afternoon/evenings (very rare anymore), I can get to a pace much more quickly.

Dave

Little Blue

Crap crap crap!  I just did something to my back, pulling stuff out of the dryer.  My low back feels seized, all the way across.  Like, don't lean forward, and don't turn funny, and for cripes sake don't do anything stupid.  I'm icing now, and took an Aleve.

I used to have problems like this, but it's been a long time.

cjones1

Crap crap crap!  I just did something to my back, pulling stuff out of the dryer.  My low back feels seized, all the way across.  Like, don't lean forward, and don't turn funny, and for cripes sake don't do anything stupid.  I'm icing now, and took an Aleve.

Ahhh yes, the back. It can be a heartless bastard. Like you took a strange step getting out of the shower, so I won't let you walk normally for a week. Funny, stuff like that didn't happen until I turned 35.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

My stupid SI joint flares up with no rhyme or reason so I feel you.

The only thing I can suggest is to say nice things about your back as you would a raggedy clunker that you hate to drive but need to. 

onemile

So it was -2 when I got up, waited till 10:00 to go out, when it was 8. Did 17 miles, and it was 19 degrees when I got home. And sunny at least.

So the knee held up I guess, but it was really unhappy throughout the run; I probably should not have done this. And of course it is very painful now. Dammit.

Cyberic

DavePNW

Ahhh yes, the back. It can be a heartless bastard. Like you took a strange step getting out of the shower, so I won't let you walk normally for a week. Funny, stuff like that didn't happen until I turned 35.

Word. That sucks, Blue. Stuff like that actually started happening to me in my early 20's. Ironically it's been much better since I started running in my early-mid 40's, flare-ups like that are very rare now. Good luck with the Aleve, I found really nothing helps but time. I had an episode where I was getting spasms waking me up in the middle of the night, every night for about a week & a half. The only thing that would calm it down when it hit was popping 2 Vicodins.

Dave

DavePNW

IK,R?

Yes I know I am an idiot.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Blue, hope the back feels better soon.

Damaris

Little Blue

Word. That sucks, Blue. Stuff like that actually started happening to me in my early 20's. Ironically it's been much better since I started running in my early-mid 40's, flare-ups like that are very rare now. Good luck with the Aleve, I found really nothing helps but time. I had an episode where I was getting spasms waking me up in the middle of the night, every night for about a week & a half. The only thing that would calm it down when it hit was popping 2 Vicodins.

I've had sciatica issues since I was about 15.  An inheritance from my father.   But you're right, since I've been running, I've had very few back problems.  Unfortunately, I traded that in for hips, feet, and the occasional hamstring.   All of which are still preferable, and don't stop me in my tracks.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Oh man, that is the worst! Sorry that happened. I remember two times my back got messed up: once from a sneeze and once from getting out of the car, of all things.

GinnyinPA

Nine miles on a cold but sunny day.  I still find it hard to breathe when it's much below 30.  I don't know if it's the dry air or the rhinitis.  I am ready for spring to arrive.