Beginners and Beyond

Return of the Polar Vortex Tuesdailies (Read 48 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Is this the thread to use words we aren't supposed to use this year?

5.5 for me. Almost didn't run at all. So better than nothing. Finally decided I'd just go run a bit and see how it went. Was a good run.

Marjorie

Half Crazy K 2.0

Hi Dailies.

It's 82 or 83 here today. I hope it's not too hot to do my 8 miles with 10x100 strides. Man, I will probably have drink some extra water when I get home.

See ya.

Can you send about 20 of those degrees to Maryland? Thx

LRB

Is this the thread to use words we aren't supposed to use this year?

That's an interesting takeaway.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

That's just cra cra.

Umm... I think that is one of the newly banned words. Wink

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My little guy is sick , it started with the sniffles Sunday evening, then some diarrhea yesterday and then a sleepless night all night due to congestion and a headache. He would drink anything or take his medicine, he just felt like crap. He finally got some good sleep this morning between 7:30 and 10:15 AM, and in a better mood now. We're staying home today so he can rest, and I can rest 

I am stretching my calves in as many ways as they suggest, http://www.runnersworld.com/workouts/shins-and-calves-runners-body-pt-2

and other ones, just trying to stretch everything overall - after sleeping on the couch all night with Dorian, my upper back is sore damn it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's just cra cra.

It's 86F here right now and we are not at the high yet.  Fortunately, DP is only 69.

Damaris

LRB

Calves and achilles are finicky, try not to over do it.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

That's an interesting takeaway.

I see what you did there.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Calves and achilles are finicky, try not to over do it.

YOU are finicky; enough said.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You guys are crazy  I'll try not to overdue it, I promise. Now I just need to convince myself to take the rest of the week off from running...... damn it.

Since I haven't post pics of my little man lately, I'll post some now Smile

Stacking his lego blocks that he got for Christmas, he didn't make the base this time but since that night he has improved.

This one was yesterday, he is improving and trying to build the base now.

The pj's his grandma got him for Christmas, he's so cute Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I see what you did there.

I just spoke with a Bassett owner who said they have the highest bone density of any mammal and cannot swim because of it. Is that true?  I know you are always at the puppy pool with yours.

LRB

YOU are finicky; enough said.

To put it mildly. lol

Little Blue

4 walked and 3 run today.  Sunny and 50 with a brisk breeze.  Going downhill quick, 14 tomorrow night.  I know some of you consider that a good day, but for us that's COLD.

PleasantRidge, good luck with the surgery.  DH is a woodworker, so I showed him your original picture, just for emphasis.  He turned a couple of shades paler.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

It's pretty quiet at work today so I too the opportunity to get a rare lunch-time run/walk in around the campus.  My boss is really good about that, letting me take a long lunch for gym time, as long as I make up the time.  So I will stay an extra hour today past the time I usually go home, but it was worth it.  Sunny skies, no wind, 52 degrees, sweeet.  Did 3.5 miles around the university campus.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hi Dailies.

It's 82 or 83 here today. I hope it's not too hot to do my 8 miles with 10x100 strides. Man, I will probably have drink some extra water when I get home.

See ya.

I want your weather, Jack!   Without the California earthquakes, mudslides, floods, and forest fires, of course.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt