Beginners and Beyond

Return of the Polar Vortex Tuesdailies (Read 48 times)

LRB

You are Mr Ice Block Hands yourself!

Right, I actually looked into RD last winter after MM suggested I should but I didn't/don't have none of those symptoms...other than ice block hands of course!

What I found was a better quality of glove(s) worked wonders for me.

LRB

Interesting.  I googled.  I guess this is something that one finds in their gym, or a really well-appointed basement.

The commercial units go for over 6k, there are some mini models one could get for under a grand but I am not sure they would be as useful.

I actually have been meaning to look into that.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6 miles with the last 2 at MP.  The first 4 felt awful and the MP ones felt great.  Weird.

Damaris

LRB

6 miles with the last 2 at MP.  The first 4 felt awful and the MP ones felt great.  Weird.

Finally! You have seen it firsthand; faster is better. 

StepbyStep-SH

I took DS to the Y after school today - 5 miles on the indoor track for me, 1 mile for him. No walk breaks and so far my knee feels pretty good.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Cyberic

Were your hands cold Damaris?

Ran a little over 5 miles easy with strides at the end. Didn't know how yesterday's acrobatics on ice had affected my groin. Just a good scare, it's fine. So a few strides were too tempting after 2 weeks of slow mileage.

Made another pair of hex screw running shoes. Used them to go to work today. Used  pair of Cumulus 12. The sole is thicker so I don't feel the 1/2" hex screws with those shoes. Put a drop of gorilla glue on the screws before driving them in. Hopefully that will help them stay in.

Hip Redux

Right, I actually looked into RD last winter after MM suggested I should but I didn't/don't have none of those symptoms...other than ice block hands of course!

What I found was a better quality of glove(s) worked wonders for me.

Yeah, my fingers go white, like scary white... that's not normal.

Great, now Mandy is going to think I'm medically stalking her.  

Zelanie

I have Reynaud's. I use hand warmers in my gloves even when it's not that cold, and go to mittens pretty early.

Cyberic

Yo! Isn't normal to have cold hands when it's cold? If I don't wear appropriate clothing (gloves) my hands will go white and numb too. I also think that if my body (core) in a bit under dressed, it will be harder to have warm hands, as the blood will go from the extremities to the core.

LRB

Great, now Mandy is going to think I'm medically stalking her.  

Luckily she likes you, as does the entire internet. 

Hip Redux

Yo! Isn't normal to have cold hands when it's cold? If I don't wear appropriate clothing (gloves) my hands will go white and numb too. I also think that if my body (core) in a bit under dressed, it will be harder to have warm hands, as the blood will go from the extremities to the core.

It's not just cold hands.  It's extremely painful like my fingernails are being ripped off my fingers.  Seriously, it almost brought me to tears on Saturday.   And white like dead people hands white lol

Hip Redux

Luckily she likes you, as does the entire internet. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Were your hands cold Damaris?

Ran a little over 5 miles easy with strides at the end. Didn't know how yesterday's acrobatics on ice had affected my groin. Just a good scare, it's fine. So a few strides were too tempting after 2 weeks of slow mileage.

Made another pair of hex screw running shoes. Used them to go to work today. Used  pair of Cumulus 12. The sole is thicker so I don't feel the 1/2" hex screws with those shoes. Put a drop of gorilla glue on the screws before driving them in. Hopefully that will help them stay in.

No.  It was 82F.  And I don't suffer from Reynaud's.

Damaris

Cyberic

It's not just cold hands.  It's extremely painful like my fingernails are being ripped off my fingers.  Seriously, it almost brought me to tears on Saturday.   And white like dead people hands white lol

I'm not saying you have nothing obviously as I'm no doctor, and even if I were, I don't think I would diagnose over Internet forums. But I find it funny that almost one person out of two here is suspecting he/she has Reynaud's.

Hip Redux

Cy - These aren't my hands but pretty much what they looked like tonight linky.