Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES Don't Wanna Stop (Read 38 times)

DavePNW

That is one helluva run.  You mean a rest day is taking you!  lol

You forgot to add "In Soviet Russia...".

Your treadmill has an alarm, DaveP?  How rude!   You got 10 miles in already?  Dang. I wish I was as energetic a morning person as you!

I assure you there was nothing energetic about it.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Blah on today, I feel sore all over.... I don't even feel like doing my upper body workouts, but I will just wait until later this afternoon when I get back home and see how I feel. Last night was a restless night for me, I didn't feel tired at all and could barely sleep.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

New laptop won't connect to docking station, and so I will now have to wait for a replacement to be ordered.  Figures.

At work I run an HP Elitebook with an SSD. I dock in to a 24 and 22" monitors. It's pretty nice, but they expect you to take the laptop home every night when you get one. Sad

Running-wise I did 9 miles on the TM at an Easy pace. The gym was more crowded today at 6AM as I've ever seen it (in the morning). 1 TM was done (which I fixed by unplugging it, and plugging it back in), and at one point there was a person waiting to get on a TM. At 6 AM! This weather needs to warm up so we can get outside. Single digits highs for the next week though.

My back was uncomfortable yesterday, but I'm glad to report after a day it's loosened up and there are no issues. Tonight I have swimming with DD.

- Andrew

DavePNW

At work I run an HP Elitebook with an SSD. I dock in to a 24 and 22" monitors. It's pretty nice, but they expect you to take the laptop home every night when you get one. Sad

I have always had a laptop for work, and always taken it home every night. But I try not to open it unless I am uploading Garmin data.

Dave

delicate flower

I can already connect to my desktop remotely using gotomypc.  The laptop isn't for home...it's actually for when I need to work at one of our other locations.

<3

Zelanie

D- Hope you're able to get in sooner.  That's good news about the bike ride!

I wasn't feeling well after work yesterday, and since DD was sick all weekend, I decided to skip my run and go to bed super early in an attempt to stay healthy.  So far, so good!  If all continues to go well, MLR of 10 after work.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I can already connect to my desktop remotely using gotomypc.  The laptop isn't for home...it's actually for when I need to work at one of our other locations.

Yeah, VPN is the best I can get; which is why I need to bring the laptop home. We're under pretty tight security so something like gotomypc wouldn't fly. We also have remote locations, which is one of the reasons they gave us laptops. I really think the main reason is because they want us to take it home and get us to do more work. It's no skin off their back since we're all salaried.

- Andrew

outoftheblue

After coffee, I need to get going on some yard work.  We have the chickens to their smaller pen now, as we are raking/hoeing their large fenced yard in preparation of planting it out with a mixture of seeds that will grow into various grasses/grains the chickens can eat.   The soil is really rocky so we first thing is to wheelbarrow the larger rocks out of there.  if I still have energy, I going to try to head to the park/golf course for a 9 miler at easy pace.

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have always had a laptop for work, and always taken it home every night. But I try not to open it unless I am uploading Garmin data.

I cannot believe us attorneys do not have a laptop and neither can take it home and cannot use our personal computers.  do you know what they have us instead?  A Blackberry.  Blah.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

D- Hope you're able to get in sooner.  That's good news about the bike ride!

I wasn't feeling well after work yesterday, and since DD was sick all weekend, I decided to skip my run and go to bed super early in an attempt to stay healthy.  So far, so good!  If all continues to go well, MLR of 10 after work.

Yeah, I am sure the doctor will think the same of the bike ride!

Appointment at 11:30.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have been cleared for biking and walking. Yay!

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

That's great! Nothing like getting out there.

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Dance!

photo happydancedog_zpsb3a0d1e8.gif

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

outoftheblue

Great news Damaris.  It seems you are making a speedy recovery!

Life is good.

LRB

'Sup!

Getting out of my warm toasty truck to run in that cold, stiff ass wind was so hard today.  Mentally, I was defeated before I put on my damn gloves!

It did not help things that I had to run 6 miles before the stupid workout even began.  Shit, for a minute there I seriously contemplated going back home!  As it is, I got the thing done:

6 easy + 5 x 5 minutes @ tempo pace with 2:15 recoveries.

12.1 miles total - 3.8 of them @ 6:36.