Beginners and Beyond

2020 dailies #237 (Read 24 times)

30 minute pool mix.

BIG coinkydinks this morning...I happen to forget my pool bag😀and only realized it when I got to the pool parking lot,  so I turned around and a few minutes my older son called me.  He’s Savannah with his girlfriend and she happened to have a 6 AM to 9 AM to 10 AM zoom-type meeting for work.
    So if I hadn’t forgotten my pool bag I would not have had a nice 18Minute long chitchat with my son.😀

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have either 5 miles or my RD. Will decide after my allergy shot, depending on how I feel.

Damaris

Cyberic

Yasso 800s in the rain this morning. 2:56 avg. Completely by feel, again. I really enjoy running by feel.

onemile

Yasso 800s in the rain this morning. 2:56 avg. Completely by feel, again. I really enjoy running by feel.

sounds like a reasonable marathon goal

delicate flower

We're dogsitting this week, so I am working in the basement as usual and I can hear animal chaos going on upstairs.  LOL poor DW.  I should probably go check on that once in a while.

<3

Cyberic

I dunno yet. It is one test. I will also (most probably) do a 10K TT soon to see how I do. Then I'll decide on my marathon goal. The last time I had done a Yasso 800 test was in 2017, and I had done 2:59. But I raced my sub-3 in 2018, so it is not conclusive.

7 miles, very sluggish. Feeling yesterday’s MP workout I guess.

Dave

sdWhiskers

3 miles because that's all I had time for. I'm at work this morning and haven't gotten back into my old routine yet-- I just can't make myself get up before 6am yet

delicate flower

I got some nasty inner thigh chaffage from my run this morning.  What the hell.  

<3

bluerun

Super B****

AlterG 15K after which I finally got through to their tech support... only took a week.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

KCRuns

4 TM miles this morning. 

Baboon, have you tried the Aquaphor Body Spray? I haven’t chaffed anywhere in the 2 months since I discovered the spray. It’s magical.

+1.

Has anyone found Yasso 800s to correlate? I've never actually them, but I'm guessing they'd probably predict too fast for me. I imagine on a good day I could do 3:15s. Maybe I will give them a try just for funzies, since without a structured plan in place, I'm always looking for a workout to do.

MTA: well I guess the issue is that I don't have enough time in the morning to do one of these, unless I wake up early, which I'm not sure I want to do without a good reason.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

+1.

Has anyone found Yasso 800s to correlate? I've never actually them, but I'm guessing they'd probably predict too fast for me. I imagine on a good day I could do 3:15s. Maybe I will give them a try just for funzies, since without a structured plan in place, I'm always looking for a workout to do.

MTA: well I guess the issue is that I don't have enough time in the morning to do one of these, unless I wake up early, which I'm not sure I want to do without a good reason.

No

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

+1.

Never done them. I remember reading somewhere that the workout was less about predicting your marathon time & more a "truth" workout. So if your goal was 3:15 and you can't hit the workout, chances are you won't be able to run the marathon in it.

Cyberic

Never done them. I remember reading somewhere that the workout was less about predicting your marathon time & more a "truth" workout. So if your goal was 3:15 and you can't hit the workout, chances are you won't be able to run the marathon in it.

This is pretty much it. But Bart Yasso found they correlated, so to answer dave's question, at least one person found they worked.

I was speaking to a friend of mine 2 weeks ago, and his Yassos actually predict slower than he can run a marathon. He's tall and skinny like me, not muscular at all.

Not saying I can run a 2:56 marathon, but Yassos might be a better predictor for me than for most people, because McMillan and all those other predictors are pretty good for me whereas they're not good for most people.