Beginners and Beyond

The World's Best Rated Running Shoes (Read 48 times)

Turtle Power

Based on reviews. Where does your shoe rank?

http://runrepeat.com/ranking/rankings-of-overall-running-shoes

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Oh, great. My Saucony Ride ranks 389th.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

Oh, great. My Saucony Ride ranks 389th.

lol - I haven't even seen my DS Racer 10's yet and I'm through half the list.

My primary shoe: Brooks Ravenna #56

My secondary shoe: Brooks Adrenaline #125

Not bad I guess. But, I think a dumb list. If a shoe works for you, it works. The whole experiment of one thing.

Dave

onemile

Brooks Ravenna #56

Saucony Mirage #139

Saucony Fastwitch #182

GinnyinPA

#10 Sauconny Triumph

#16 Asics Gel Cumulus

#24 Sauconny guide

# 51 Asics 1000

#54 Brooks Adrenaline

Our LRS is pretty small and they just carry the more popular brands.  The Triumph I learned about here and I like them.  Still don't have one I really love the way I loved the Asics 2170s.

StepbyStep-SH

Three from my current rotation are in the top 50: Asics Nimbus, Asics Cumulus and NB 1080.

George, I used to run in the Saucony Rides a lot, but the 5s were a terrible change and beat up my legs. I tried running in them about four times and wrote them off. I haven't tried any of the upgrades since.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

What's interesting to me is the Saucony Guide is #24 and the only real difference between the Guide and the Ride is that the Ride has less support and more flexibility. I wore the Guide until I talked my LRS into selling me the Ride. The Asics DS Trainer, #48, is a great shoe but I don't think I'm light enough on my feet any more to wear it.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

Asics Kayano # 36.

Asics DS Trainer # 48.

Asics DS Racer # 314 FFS.

I have other shoes by other brands but these make up my primary rotation. They Kayano is a stability shoe, the other two are light stability.

LRB

The Asics DS Trainer, #48, is a great shoe but I don't think I'm light enough on my feet any more to wear it.

I wore it as my primary daily trainer for about 6 months before going back to the big ass land yachts known as the Kayano during MRT. That was when I realized there just wasn't enough shoe there for the higher volume of miles and especially the long runs.

I now wear the Kayano as my daily trainer because they are cushioned as hell, feel great to run easy in and help hasten recovery.

I wear the DST's for intervals and tempo runs or when I might run want to run something in the faster range of easy.

Cyberic

I don't know them all, but it seems to me the very top shoes in that list are very padded shoes, heavy trainers or something.

delicate flower

I don't know them all, but it seems to me the very top shoes in that list are very padded shoes, heavy trainers or something.

I noticed that too.  And it's got my shoes, (Adidas Adios Boost 2) listed as a trainer.  It is a racing flat.

<3

happylily

My Noosa Tri are #4?  I have like 15 pairs of them. I always thought of them as clown shoes, because they are so tacky looking. But they do feel good on my feet.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mmmmm...beer

Saucony Ignition is #2?  Never heard of it, and all I wear is Saucony.  Probably because it's one of their lower models that I would consider more of a general sneaker than a running shoe (even tho it's technically listed as a running shoe on their site).  They have several models like this, the Cohesion and Excursion are similar.  I wear Excursions for regular sneakers, they're listed as a "trail" shoe, but I wear Peregrines when the terrain calls for an actual trail shoe.  Those entry level shoes are typically much heavier and have less features than their other shoes (which is also why they retail for half the price of most of their other options).

Not a good list, imo.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Saucony Ignition is #2?  

Jesus, have you read some of the "pros" comments?  Uhhhhh...

When running, it is very important that you feel comfortable because in that way, you will be able to enjoy running more, and it would take more time before you get tired of it.

Apart from that, running with lightweight shoes will give you an easier time in making strides.

When buying a pair of running shoes, one of the things that you have to look for is the durability. Since you are spending money, you have to make sure that what you will buy is worth-having. It would be a waste of money if it easily gets worn out.

A shock absorbing shoe is really important in order to avoid pain in the foot..... Since this shoe is capable of absorbing shock, there is a high chance that your legs will not be in pain.

In order to make sure that you can avoid slipping off the road, make sure that your running shoes have good traction.

<3