Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 37 times)

LRB

I'm off today so I'm going over to the center in a bit for an hour of guided core and strength work. It's been so long since I've been there, that I'm not sure if anyone is left that I know!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am off as well, and glad for that, or I would have had to call in sick today.  RD for me.

I had three light fever episodes last night but I feel much better today and with more energy. Hoping that means I am on the mend.

Damaris

Cyberic

Run commute in underestimated cold.

Underestimated cold = underdressed = expletive

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Cy - Hope you thaw out!

Docket - Tough weekend for you... hope you're back on the mend as well.

LRB - You can pretend you're new there. 

Got my 8 in this morning.  Time to enjoy the rest of the day off.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Woke up with my 5:00 alarm. Turned it off, and the next thing I knew it was 5:45. Blerg. I never do that. Only time for 3 miles. Better than nothing I guess.

Dave

sdWhiskers

SRD today and for the next few days. I don't feel too bad right now. Hot tub, ibuprofen and compression socks seemed to help quite a bit.

I'm not thinking about doing another full but am thinking about getting a few HMs on the calendar. I ran 6 HMs in 2017. So far, I have 5ks in Feb and March.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

NYC Marathon Lottery is open today for 2018!  sdWhiskers - you can enter from the hot tub.  Dave - In for the World Series of marathons?  hog - You in?  Anyone else?

3/17 - NYC Half

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'm not thinking about doing another full but am thinking about getting a few HMs on the calendar. I ran 6 HMs in 2017. So far, I have 5ks in Feb and March.

I did a full in 2016. It was a bit of a spur of the moment, about 6 weeks before I decided that since training for a half was going horribly (warm weather), doing a full seemed like a better idea. It was supposed to be a 1 and done deal.  I'm now trying to decide if I want to do one in the spring. Oh, and before anyone offers to pick one, I know which race. It's just the little minor detail that the last weekend in April can range from 40-90 degrees.

My bag has been located! In Munich apparently. They notified me they are putting it on a flight to Washington. Washington, DC, of course. ARRRGGH!! And of course I received the info via "no-reply" email & text. But fortunately I was able to contact a live body on the phone to tell them to send it to Seattle. I will believe it when I have the thing in my hands.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

NYC Marathon Lottery is open today for 2018!  sdWhiskers - you can enter from the hot tub.  Dave - In for the World Series of marathons?  hog - You in?  Anyone else?

I am thinking of not applying this time.

Damaris

RunningWithMyDog

Good afternoon.  Did a terrible job of packing my bag this morning: lightweight tights instead of winter tights, sleeveless shirt instead of warming one, and I probably should have packed warmer gloves.  Cut my intended 10k lunch run down to a little over 8k - the wind had picked up, and I just didn't feel like slugging out the final 2 km for no real added value.

I'll run 6 km home tonight.

Bert-O - thanks for the reminder.  I was pretty crushed last year when I didn't win the NYCM lottery, as the race was on my birthday.  It turned out to be a blessing, as I would have had to miss it anyways due to work.  But I"m going to throw my name back in the hat now.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Bert-O - thanks for the reminder.  I was pretty crushed last year when I didn't win the NYCM lottery, as the race was on my birthday.  It turned out to be a blessing, as I would have had to miss it anyways due to work.  But I"m going to throw my name back in the hat now.

It's 1 in 6 odds, so the chances of getting in is pretty slim by lottery.  Glad you're in for this year and good luck!

I'm in the lottery, just because this race is just too damn much fun!

3/17 - NYC Half

onemile

I was going to register but then I started thinking I should go with a faster course.  And something less expensive.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I was going to register but then I started thinking I should go with a faster course.

If you're going for time, I'd agree not to do this race.  It's not just the course, but the pre-race logistics will suck a lot out of you before you get to the start line.  Not that you'd lose too much time in the race, but it will take a bit out of you.  OTOH - If you've never done NYC, I'd highly recommend putting it on the bucket list!

3/17 - NYC Half

onemile

If you're going for time, I'd agree not to do this race.  It's not just the course, but the pre-race logistics will suck a lot out of you before you get to the start line.  Not that you'd lose too much time in the race, but it will take a bit out of you.  OTOH - If you've never done NYC, I'd highly recommend putting it on the bucket list!

Are the logistics that bad? Worse than Boston?