Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES discovers unseen image of former US Surgeon General C. Everett Koop (Read 52 times)

onemile

Enjoying my oatmeal and banana for breakfast. Smile

This is my breakfast every week day.

DavePNW

This is my breakfast every week day.

+1. Just finished the oatmeal (apple walnut), banana to follow shortly.

13 w/9 MP + 1 tempo. Just because. 

Dave

LRB

13 w/9 MP + 1 tempo. Just because. 

You are having a nice cycle. Very impressive.

onemile

No, the banana goes in the oatmeal with the walnuts. Apple is for later.

13 w/9 MP + 1 tempo. Just because I am awesome. 

Yep!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ya, I got it. For future reference include single leg bridges as well. There is more bang for your buck there. Bonus points if you can do them with the extended leg pointing towards the ceiling.

Hmmm.... I will try them.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

No, the banana goes in the oatmeal with the walnuts. Apple is for later.

Yep!

These are what I eat, because it is easiest to make at work after my run. They are really good. Then banana separately, a bit later. Then sometimes a Clif bar. Then it's 9:30 and I wonder when I can have lunch. (Apple is the 3:00 PM snack, BTW.)

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

This is making me crave oatmeal.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

These are what I eat, because it is easiest to make at work after my run. They are really good. Then banana separately, a bit later. Then sometimes a Clif bar. Then it's 9:30 and I wonder when I can have lunch. (Apple is the 3:00 PM snack, BTW.) 

I tried one of those once. Better than oatmeal packets for sure. I just make plain oats + water + cut up banana + walnuts in the microwave.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I thought I had posted, oops. I have Pilates and 7 miles.

But right now, I am earing Pad Thai.

Damaris

LRB

I pretty much only eat rolled oats which may be impractical for some to make at work.

Mine are pretty much plain but every now and then I'll add honey, blueberries or a fanana nana bonana.

It's almost a seasonal thing for me with oats during the cold months and cereal during the warm months.

DavePNW

I tried one of those once. Better than oatmeal packets for sure. I just make plain oats + water + cut up banana + walnuts in the microwave.

When I make it at home, it's plain oats + water in the microwave, then add brown sugar, whatever dried fruit we have (raisins, cherries, cranberries), and sliced almonds. For some reason I never put in banana. I think I like to keep it separate because then it's one additional food item I can have later.

Dave

Zelanie

Mine is just rolled oats + water on the stove until it boils, then turn the heat off and let them steam for 5 minutes, then add salt & pb2, then eat. The banana comes after.

If we're feeling extra fancy, then it's steel cut oats and other yummy ingredients in the crock pot overnight.  Cranberry and orange zest was good.  I tried throwing a frozen banana in there once, results were inconclusive.

Zelanie

I like to keep it separate because then it's one additional food item I can have later.

This is it exactly. 

LRB

I thought I had posted, oops.

Fancy to see you here. You come here often or are you just kicking the tires?  

Half Crazy K 2.0

I've been eating not-overnight oats. I use an equal amount rolled oats and almond milk, let it sit in the fridge for a few hours and add fruit. Recently its been raspberries cause my plants are going crazy and I can barely eat them fast enough.