Beginners and Beyond

Torturous Tuesdailies (Read 46 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Well, good morning to you too -- there is construction going on literally RIGHT outside my office door.  I hope they stop at 9 AM.  When most normal people show up to work.

8 on the AlterG.  I passed 1K miles for the year, which I never thought would happen in 2017, and it wouldn't have without the AlterG.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Hello.  I skipped my scheduled swim this morning because I've got a cold and wanted to sleep.  I mean, I am sure I'd have been fine to get up and go swim, but I didn't want to.  So there.  I will run later.

<3

delicate flower

Have the Adidas Adios Boost 3 been discontinued or what?  They are getting difficult to find.  What other options do I have for light racing flats?  Adidas has like 50 different kinds of Boost/Super Boost/Ultra Boost/Mega Boost/OMG Boost and I am too damn lazy to read up on them.

<3

delicate flower

It looks like maybe Adidas has just renamed the Boost 3 to Aktiv.

<3

onemile

It looks like maybe Adidas has just renamed the Boost 3 to Aktiv.

Weird. I see that when I search Adios under the Men's section but the women's section has 2 new colors and just calls them 'Adidas Adios'

delicate flower

Weird. I see that when I search Adios under the Men's section but the women's section has 2 new colors and just calls them 'Adidas Adios'

I thought the "Adios" (sans the #3) were a rollback to the original model after people ask to have them back, but I see the women's Adios and the Adios 3 have the same measurements, weight, and materials.  So yeah, it looks like for the women the Adios and Adios 3 are the same thing. 

<3

onemile

I thought the "Adios" (sans the #3) were a rollback to the original model after people ask to have them back, but I see the women's Adios and the Adios 3 have the same measurements, weight, and materials.  So yeah, it looks like for the women the Adios and Adios 3 are the same thing. 

Are the measurements, weight and materials for the men's Aktiv different?

delicate flower

Are the measurements, weight and materials for the men's Aktiv different?

No, which is how I came to the conclusion that Adidas has renamed them.

<3

onemile

No, which is how I came to the conclusion that Adidas has renamed them.

Strange they wouldn't do the same for the women's version

Shoe companies are wack. Who can explain what they do.

Up since 2:30 AM for no good reason. Yay. 8 miles. Body still feels like total crap. Yay.

Dave

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners,

8 on tap later. Getting cold around here now! Sad Actually just normal, but feels cold since we have been way above normal.

Baboon: It looks like the name change is AKTIV a  cancer charity thing that Grete Waitz started-she died of cancer ( a portion $ goes to it) So, it looks like you don't have to worry. Here is a link to all the flats available at RW, if you are looking for different or slightly lighter.

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/catpage-MRAC.html

Who is Grete Waitz? Smile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grete_Waitz

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 5 miles tonight.

In court today, grrr.

Damaris

zzyzx

First hard elliptical in ages and it was a struggle.

LRB

Well, good morning to you too --

Hi.

The title is apropos. I ran 7.27 awful miles. The first 3 of which were run dead smack into the teeth of a 21 mph headwind. It was terrible. At one point, I wondered why in the hell was I even out there, then figured I would get it back once I turned away from the wind. Nope, today was just the day for an awful slog. So much so that I risked being late for work, so I had to crank it up the last mile. One word for that; oof.

Not sure what was up with that but I might go to running 7 days with 4 on Monday if this nonsense continues.

onemile

Not sure what was up with that but I might go to running 7 days with 4 on Monday if this nonsense continues.

It didn't help DaveP