Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES - Why Soil A Perfectly Clean Wine Glass... (Read 248 times)

Just B.S.

LRB, you make me laugh!   It's a lovely 23F here today, 18 warmer than 2 days ago!

We are just finishing up 24 hours of snow and freezing rain, we have about 20 inches down but the freezing rain is the big problem. Son was supposed to fly back to school at  6am this morning and has been  rescheduled 3 times so far,,,,now its 4pm.

Darn good thing the almost 20 inches we had last week got washed away.

Gives hubby and I time for a run before heading to the airport later.  The distance will depend on how bad the roads are, there is still some freezing rain going on.

Have a good one dailies folk!

Never had a problem with it leaking but it did take returning my first on twice before I got one to work correctly and not short cup. I've had this one just over a year and has worked well until today. But just had three cups no problem. LOVE my coffee from this machine!

LRB, love that pic!!! I had a nice glass of Adobe red last night, but alas, I used a normal glass. Clearly not as fun.

Tom, hopefully you can get some miles in today.

Basya, enjoy the hill repeats!

Weezer, you're braver than me to want to do a trail race in this weather.

Flarunner, 44? In florida?

Kay, hope you are feeling better!

Sparker, I just got a Keurig for xmas and the tank leaks every time I touch it or pour water in. Did you ever have that problem?

Phil, enjoy your four day weekend, you bastard. Tongue

Four planned on the TM tonight. Massage seems to have worked, no ITB pain last night or this morning. I feel bruised where she dug in, but that's worth it. I'll keep those miles easy. A little frustrated I've missed some workouts in my marathon training plan but it's early enough that I think everything will be ok.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Ugh. The commute to the gym ate into my workout time. I did weights, but only thirty minutes on the TM. Ten minutes at a 2.0 incline. Ten minutes alternating between one minute at a 10.0 incline and one minutes at a 1.0 incline. Ten minutes at a 2.0 incline.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning, guys and dolls!

LRB, bwahahaha!!! I like the way you think.

Tom, Kay, Sparker, Phil, Jess, Beth, enjoy your runs.

Flarunner, that’s funny about the cop.

Weezer, D, Jeep, enjoy whatever you decide to do today!

Sparker, my office is closing at noon on Monday, so I figure I might as well come in for a couple hours.

Jess, glad the ITB is feeling better. Tomorrow’s group run should be a snowy one. I can’t wait. Smile

Basya, nice run. 10% incline – meep!

As for me, SRD but I'm going to the gym at lunch to do some strength work. It's all bodyweight stuff but I just can't get motivated to do it at home. Especially with a kitten trying to "help" in his kittenish way.

I'm at 991 miles for the year and between tomorrow and Sunday I plan on running 13. My 2012 mileage goal was 1,000. Nothing like getting in under the wire.

runmomto3boys

Phil: Ohhh, enjoy your 4 day weekend, you lucky duck!

LRB: I love that shot!  Good morning.  It's equally as cold here - brrrr!  I meant to tell you about this Strong Stride DVD.  It works your legs/hips/core and is made by a runner.  It's kind of like Myrtl exercises on crack, + all the bonus stuff.  I'm going to start doing this (parts of it - it is 2 hours long) every other day.  Just thought I'd mention it.  http://getyourstrongstride.com/shop/

Lilac: I'm glad the ITB pain is better today.  That's great news!!!

I got 5 miles in last night before the knee flared up.  Off to the PT again today to get this figured out.  I'm scrapping Carmel and running the Green Bay marathon instead.  Training starts 1/14.  I have 2 weeks to get healthy.

StepbyStep-SH

We have an inch or two of new, fluffy white snow on the ground and more was coming down - made for a very pretty run. Just short of 9 miles, but slow enough to be over 90 minutes for the winter running contest.

DS and I will go to the Y shortly so I can do some core and upper body work (and more importantly, to get him out of the house for a while).

Have a great day, everyone!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

I was going to do some hip work and girly mans stretches but took the day off instead.  I had a pretty good PT session yesterday so the break will be good.

My hip starting hurting again slightly Tuesday night for the first time in two weeks.  It ached intermittently Wednesday then flared up like a mofo after yesterdays run!  It went completely silent before my session though.

Neither me or my PT is overly concerned with it.  I am progressing well on my exercises and the injury is just fighting back.  That I am running again coupled with everything else is giving it fits. I had a shoulder injury years ago that I rehabbed on my own and went through a similar period so I am not discouraged.

Thanks for the new info Heidi!  You and everyone else who share their stories in the dailies has been an invaluable resource!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Phil: Ohhh, enjoy your 4 day weekend, you lucky duck!

LRB: I love that shot!  Good morning.  It's equally as cold here - brrrr!  I meant to tell you about this Strong Stride DVD.  It works your legs/hips/core and is made by a runner.  It's kind of like Myrtl exercises on crack, + all the bonus stuff.  I'm going to start doing this (parts of it - it is 2 hours long) every other day.  Just thought I'd mention it.  http://getyourstrongstride.com/shop/

Lilac: I'm glad the ITB pain is better today.  That's great news!!!

I got 5 miles in last night before the knee flared up.  Off to the PT again today to get this figured out.  I'm scrapping Carmel and running the Green Bay marathon instead.  Training starts 1/14.  I have 2 weeks to get healthy.

RMT3B...I've been thinking about this since your knee flared up: did the pain start right after your indoor track run? Not that it matters, but if it did cause an issue at least you'd know to go conservatively on the track when you start back. I'm glad you have a marathon contingency plan to fall back on. You'll get there!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

Supp Peeps!

Beth, 20 inches?  Snow and freezing rain?  Where do you live, Siberia!

Thanks Flo!

D, you mean paradise!

Lilac, I have never had an issue with my Keurig, mine is by Mr. Coffee.  Send that thing back post haste.

Spark, a coworker asked me the same thing last night.

Red cabbage which is really, really rich and full flavored.  I cook it uncovered in a tablespoon of olive oil with just a dash of sea salt.  It takes about 45 minutes to get it just right.

I bake my sweet potatoes for 60 to 90 minutes, until just before it pops.  By doing that the natural sugars are released and you don't need to add anything to it.

If you have ever had a bad sweet potato, it wasn't baked long enough.

I use fresh pasta from the deli for my mac and cheese, and a shit load of Hoffman's super sharp cheddar.  It's an expensive ass dish but oh so worth it!

I was high as inflation drinking that wine last night!  That's why the food is thrown all about!

Looks tasty, is this what you are cooking all of us for your New Year's Eve gathering? I'll bring the wine!

Supp Peeps!

Beth, 20 inches?  Snow and freezing rain?  Where do you live, Siberia!

Thanks Flo!

D, you mean paradise!

Lilac, I have never had an issue with my Keurig, mine is by Mr. Coffee.  Send that thing back post haste.

Spark, a coworker asked me the same thing last night.

Red cabbage which is really, really rich and full flavored.  I cook it uncovered in a tablespoon of olive oil with just a dash of sea salt.  It takes about 45 minutes to get it just right.

I bake my sweet potatoes for 60 to 90 minutes, until just before it pops.  By doing that the natural sugars are released and you don't need to add anything to it.

If you have ever had a bad sweet potato, it wasn't baked long enough.

I use fresh pasta from the deli for my mac and cheese, and a shit load of Hoffman's super sharp cheddar.  It's an expensive ass dish but oh so worth it!

I was high as inflation drinking that wine last night!  That's why the food is thrown all about!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning!

4.1 miles in the cold and WIND (wind chill was 15 degrees and 22 mph wind with 37 mph gusts). I actually dressed correctly for the run and was snug as a bug, except for during some of the bigger gusts, those stung!

Have a great day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

MORE SNOW IN THE FORECAST!  Big grin

(not much but I'll take it)

Snowshoe anyone??

HAPPY JEANS DAY!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

You rock

When you can drink from the measuring cup you're cooking with instead?

Stay thirsty my friends.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Hee-hee!

Spark those were just mid week eats.  I'd have to step it up several notches for an event!

YAYpril - B-Plus

After some careful deliberation, I decided to run a mile on my lunchbreak before my strength work today, and I'll run 8 with my running group tomorrow, which means I'll hit 1,000 miles for 2012 WITH the group. It seems appropriate since they got me through so many of those miles.

I'm excited!