Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES because it's Monday (Read 23 times)

onemile

They asked about any allergies or reactions to vaccines or medications, and I have none of those. They didn't need to hear the rest of my life story. So I just waited the 15 min like everyone else. It's been about 4 hours and so far I have not even felt the tiniest bit of arm soreness.

which one did you get?

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

They asked about any allergies or reactions to vaccines or medications, and I have none of those. They didn't need to hear the rest of my life story. So I just waited the 15 min like everyone else. It's been about 4 hours and so far I have not even felt the tiniest bit of arm soreness.

I had no soreness either.  All I got was an 8-hour headache.  We'll see what shot #2 (Pfizer) does to me.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

DavePNW

I had no soreness either.  All I got was an 8-hour headache.  We'll see what shot #2 (Pfizer) does to me.

Good luck! I had Moderna. You never know what you’ll get with #2. 

Dave

delicate flower

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So far, I'm in hour 2 and no soreness either.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So far, I'm in hour 2 and no soreness either.

They asked me about all allergies in general and the list is fucking long.

Damaris

DavePNW

Just talked to my wife and apparently she didn’t feel arm soreness till that evening, so I guess there’s still time.

Dave

Cyberic

Currently sitting outside on my front porch, right on the steps, no chair, drinking a beer, and enjoying the 64 degrees and sun.

sdWhiskers

They asked me about all allergies in general and the list is fucking long.

DS had an allergy test awhile ago where he reacted to ~90% of the allergens tested. We signed him up for the kid Moderna trial and I'm now wondering if that entire allergy list should be communicated. I'm not sure what constitutes an allergy in the real world, like he reacted strongly to cat but we have one cat and he's fine with that. Then there are things like grass--if he rolls around on grass, any exposed skin turns red, puffy and itchy.

sdWhiskers

Currently sitting outside on my front porch, right on the steps, no chair, drinking a beer, and enjoying the 64 degrees and sun.

All that's missing is the vaccine!

sdWhiskers

Just talked to my wife and apparently she didn’t feel arm soreness till that evening, so I guess there’s still time.

I think if you wake up tomorrow with no sore arm, then you're in the clear (or got placebo )

Cyberic

All that's missing is the vaccine!

Yup! I'm in no hurry to get it myself, but I can't wait until it's my turn because that will mean that a whole shitload of people will have had the vaccine, and therefore better days will be near!

But for now, the sun and a beer is very nice!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

DS had an allergy test awhile ago where he reacted to ~90% of the allergens tested. We signed him up for the kid Moderna trial and I'm now wondering if that entire allergy list should be communicated. I'm not sure what constitutes an allergy in the real world, like he reacted strongly to cat but we have one cat and he's fine with that. Then there are things like grass--if he rolls around on grass, any exposed skin turns red, puffy and itchy.

For those just said he is allergy to all the environmental allergies.

Doubt they will use a cat to stab him in the arm.

Damaris

DavePNW

I think if you wake up tomorrow with no sore arm, then you're in the clear (or got placebo )

Well it’s getting sore already, so...good news?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well it’s getting sore already, so...good news?

LOL.

At 4.5 hours I feel just a bit of soreness on the injection area only. Nothing like lifting weights, lol.

Damaris