Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES because it's Monday (Read 23 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Yup! I'm in no hurry to get it myself, but I can't wait until it's my turn because that will mean that a whole shitload of people will have had the vaccine, and therefore better days will be near!

But for now, the sun and a beer is very nice!

The only reason I want it is because I feel like eventually there will be things you won't be able to do unless you're vaccinated. But that's irrelevant right now because while like 90% of people here are eligible, I am not among them. Oh boo hoo.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.7 and strength training.

Docket, did you see this? Even better than immunity and all that greater good stuff....

DavePNW

At 4.5 hours I feel just a bit of soreness on the injection area only. Nothing like lifting weights, lol.

I wouldn’t know, lol. But yeah it’s not bad, just noticeable. About the same as I had with the flu shot. 

Dave

GinnyinPA

3.7 and strength training.

Docket, did you see this? Even better than immunity and all that greater good stuff....

Nice! Too bad we don't have any shops near us.

onemile

I ran 8

Cyberic

The only reason I want it is because I feel like eventually there will be things you won't be able to do unless you're vaccinated. But that's irrelevant right now because while like 90% of people here are eligible, I am not among them. Oh boo hoo.

I don't know if it will come to that here. It seems a little discriminatory and I live in a country where we all live to help each other, so there is no hurry for me to get it as everything will be shut down for as long as everyone has had one shot. I do want it. But no sense jumping the line here, IMO.

onemile

I don't know if it will come to that here. It seems a little discriminatory and I live in a country where we all live to help each other, so there is no hurry for me to get it as everything will be shut down for as long as everyone has had one shot. I do want it. But no sense jumping the line here, IMO.

So everyone in Canada wants the shot? There's a large number of people here who don't want it and won't get it

Cyberic

So everyone in Canada wants the shot? There's a large number of people here who don't want it and won't get it

Not everybody wants it. I see what Blue was alluding to. I thought she meant like this month, people with the vaccine will start being able to do stuff, and it's not my fault if I haven't got the vaccine yet. I don't think that will happen. But in September or something, when everybody will have had a chance to get it... Yeah, maybe there will be stuff reserved for people who have had it. I still have  a hard time seeing it, but maybe travel to another country and stuff, yeah.

bluerun

Super B****

Not everybody wants it. I see what Blue was alluding to. I thought she meant like this month, people with the vaccine will start being able to do stuff, and it's not my fault if I haven't got the vaccine yet. I don't think that will happen. But in September or something, when everybody will have had a chance to get it... Yeah, maybe there will be stuff reserved for people who have had it. I still have  a hard time seeing it, but maybe travel to another country and stuff, yeah.

Yeah, that’s what I meant. It’s not fair to require it when I haven’t even had a chance to get it regardless of whether I want it.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

There are already guidelines for those who are fully vaccinated vs those who are not. Things like family/social gatherings. Problem is, so many people weren't following them to begin with that it hardly matters in the grand scheme of things. My work has been REALLY conservative about what we are advised, such as avoid gatherings of more than a few vaccinated people and continue to wear a mask & social distance.

I would hope that as more people get vaccinated things that previously required a negative test shift to negative test or proof of vaccination. Only problem is that I am sure people can fake a vaccine card given how many were posted to social media.

DavePNW

It’s got nothing to do with being fair or discriminatory, it’s about trying to prevent spread of the virus. Anyway there’s already places in the US where anyone can do anything with any crowd size and no masks. It’ll be interesting if/when they ever try to enforce restricting things to people who have been vaccinated; people have a shit fit just being asked to wear a mask, so they will go completely bonkers about that. Plus the “proof of vaccination“ card you get is not exactly the most counterfeit-proof document.

Dave

onemile

well I read on Facebook that the Democrats want to require us to carry proof of COVID vaccine with us AT ALL TIMES. We have NEVER had to do this with other vaccines! WHAT IS THE AGENDA HERE?

DavePNW

well I read on Facebook that the Democrats want to require us to carry proof of COVID vaccine with us AT ALL TIMES. We have NEVER had to do this with other vaccines! WHAT IS THE AGENDA HERE?

Plus they want us to wear masks and social distance FOREVER. The goal is to “control” Americans. I am not sure exactly how that benefits them, but I’m sure that’s it.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

It’s got nothing to do with being fair or discriminatory, it’s about trying to prevent spread of the virus. Anyway there’s already places in the US where anyone can do anything with any crowd size and no masks. It’ll be interesting if/when they ever try to enforce restricting things to people who have been vaccinated; people have a shit fit just being asked to wear a mask, so they will go completely bonkers about that. Plus the “proof of vaccination“ card you get is not exactly the most counterfeit-proof document.

We were watching Lone Star Law Sunday night. There was a scene at a small town TX high school football game. it was filmed this fall. The stands were absolutely packed and I could probably count on one hand the number of masks I saw. Here people are losing the minds because youth sports are allowed but spectators are limited to parents, masks & distancing required and no screaming/cheering. You got your way with the sports, STFU and follow the guidelines.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Plus they want us to wear masks and social distance FOREVER. The goal is to “control” Americans. I am not sure exactly how that benefits them, but I’m sure that’s it.

Don't forget how contact tracing is also part of the control.