Beginners and Beyond

Fat Ass Penguin weekend (Read 14 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

FAT ASS is the name given to a series of low key runs that are frequented by experienced runners & walkers and characterised by the phrase "No Fees, No Awards, No Aid, No Wimps". Yes, the runs are totally free to enter and are put on by passionate runners who are also running.

PADRunner

5 this morning on the TM and a Fat Ass timed run tomorrow. 2, 4, or 6 hr run on someones farm.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Good morning!

'Those with breathing related illnesses should remain indoors' because of the smoldering remains of a brush fire. No running for me today. TM in 48 hours.

Zelanie

Good luck, PAD! I love the idea of a timeday race and hope to try one some day.

Cindy, does being inside even help when it's that bad out?

It's cold cold cold here. I will get the dogs out later for a run.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

I knew something was up when I woke up this morning, but the a/c didn't run last night to filter the air.

I'm seeing a new doctor in a few days, so I'm hoping for a medication change.

GinnyinPA

PAD - there's a running group in MD that does those in January and July.  I think it would be fun if I were in better shape and the weather wasn't too awful.  I'd rather do January than July.  Our local 6,12,24 is quite expensive, plus it's at the end of May so iffy in terms of heat.

Cindy - sorry the smoke is keeping you indoors.

Damaris - good luck with your race tomorrow.

Z - I'm glad you've got internet again. Enjoy your run with the dogs.

AFM: SRD. Its about 30 with intermittent icy rain, though it looks like most of the storm went either north or south of us.

Zelanie

Cindy, hope you get some answers and the smoke clears.

Ginny, that does not sound pleasant to run in even if it is worse nearby!

PAD and D, good luck tomorrow!

I hit the blood drive, waited a bit, and then took the dogs on a run.  Surprisingly, I felt great.  My iron levels were good this time around, plus it was cold on the run, but I was pleasantly surprised to have a good run right afterwards.

GinnyinPA

17.3 on the rail trail in Shippensburg.  I underdressed a bit because it was supposed to warm up to 43 and be mostly sunny but halfway through the clouds covered the sun so I ended up freezing for the last two miles. I was really wishing I'd brought my gloves even though they would have been in my pocket for most of the run. There was still a little ice on the trail from yesterday, but since it's all gravel it wasn't slippery.

Z - I'm glad you've got your iron levels high enough to give blood and still run easily afterwards.