Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: It's time to get this train moving (Read 36 times)

LRB

LRB

What up doe.

I'll be driving over to the trail shortly to get my run on there. That will make three consecutive days of running on dirt, a rarity for me.

It's currently sunny & 48 and will hit 60 by noon, so I'll need to dress accordingly.

RunningOnSand

Have a great run, LRB, and all others to follow. My legs are stiff & tight from yesterday's run, and I'm grateful for my rest day today. I don't know how you guys do it who run consecutive days. I feel like for my mental sanity (after a really shitty run) I almost need a non running day. Kudos to you badasses.

onemile

We are getting up to 74 today 

Going out to brunch this morning and planning to run this afternoon which will end my 5 day streak of running with a friend  but I actually slept most of the night last night

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have 10 miles tonight.

onemile, wow.  That's nice weather for you.

Damaris

LRB

Have a great run, LRB, and all others to follow. My legs are stiff & tight from yesterday's run, and I'm grateful for my rest day today. I don't know how you guys do it who run consecutive days. I feel like for my mental sanity (after a really shitty run) I almost need a non running day. Kudos to you badasses.

I do it to get the miles in.

onemile

I do it to get the miles in.

You get used to it. That doesn't mean you aren't stiff and tight. But a short and slow run feels like a break when you're running higher mileage and when I just plan to run every day I stop thinking about it. Running is a given.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am like you.  I need the one rest day, more for mental rest than physical, but I still need it.  Sometimes timewise, I don't have time to run so that one day gets moved around to fit my needs.  Kudos to those that can.

Damaris

LRB

You get used to it. That doesn't mean you aren't stiff and tight. But a short and slow run feels like a break when you're running higher mileage and when I just plan to run every day I stop thinking about it. Running is a given.

Truth.

delicate flower

'Morning! I ran 7.22 miles in the rain and felt great. Next up:  1:00 Shazam!.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This morning ...... lol wow.

So Jetta and I headed out the door just before 4 AM, within the first mile my shin was acting up and shit, no matter if I tied the knots to the outside or inside. Then, at mile 1 as I was stretching, Jetta goes over in the grass, takes a runny $h*+ that happens to land right on the leash where I hold it. FUCK THAT! We head home, I drop her off, leash stayed outside and she went inside. I switch from my Brooks Ricochets to my Brooks Ravenna 8 shoes and tie the knot at the very top. Then I headed out the door, no more issues whatsoever. The run went great, I ended up running 11 miles....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I am like you.  I need the one rest day, more for mental rest than physical, but I still need it.  Sometimes timewise, I don't have time to run so that one day gets moved around to fit my needs.  Kudos to those that can.

I was there too once upon a time.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, but I don't see the time thing getting any better.  As bankruptcies go up, so does my work....

Damaris

This.

Dave

Also this.

Dave