Beginners and Beyond

WEDNESDAILIES Are Halfway to Friday (Read 38 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

LRB it's nice when one can swallow and not gag,   On a serious note, runs like that are awesome.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mmmmm...beer

Not sure why but I felt good today. So much so that I went that extra mile and did 8. Big grin

They were incredibly slow but that was not indicative of anything bad. I was simply immersed in positive thoughts and just enjoyed the run, like I used to do before being saddled with the burdened of training expectations and race times.

Nope, today's run was the essence of why I fell in love with the sport in the first place. Add to that I was able to take a gel at mile 4 (and I didn't gag, hooray!) and today was a good day...and it hasn't even really started yet!

This is why I have such a hard time with training plans, I want to do well at my races, but I also want most (all) of my running to be enjoyable, and it usually is. Smile

LRB it's nice when one can swallow and not gag,   On a serious note, runs like that are awesome.

QFT. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

bluerun

Super B****

Not sure why but I felt good today. So much so that I went that extra mile and did 8. Big grin

They were incredibly slow but that was not indicative of anything bad. I was simply immersed in positive thoughts and just enjoyed the run, like I used to do before being saddled with the burdened of training expectations and race times.

Nope, today's run was the essence of why I fell in love with the sport in the first place. Add to that I was able to take a gel at mile 4 (and I didn't gag, hooray!) and today was a good day...and it hasn't even really started yet!

It's all downhill from here

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

It's all downhill from here

I love your perspective. It keeps me from getting ahead of myself. lol

LRB

Yoda say; never far from the gutter do you stray. Tongue

cjones1

Anybody (who lives in cooler areas, so D you don't count) else notice when they're running in slightly cooler temps (in the high 60's) that sometimes they'll suddenly run through an area of warmer temperature and then back to cool? Or even one that just lasts for about a mile, I did this morning.

Yes, there is a spot on my daily loop that goes around a curve with woods on the right, and a factory on the left.  For some reason, it always feels like the temp drops about 10 degrees for maybe a half mile until I get around the curve.  I only notice it early in the morning, though.  It's weird.  It's also where I typically run into my friends (deer) and my nemesis (skunks). Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

cjones1

I will not be running today, because it's Wednesday.

I will also not be running today.  It's only coincidence that it's Wednesday.  It's more because I didn't want to drag my rear end out of bed at 4:30.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Zelanie

Last night's tempo run was hard.  I haven't done much real speedwork in a while, and nothing where I had to hold pace over time!  My first interval was probably too fast (what I want my pace to be rather than what it is), the second one probably more realistic.  But, it's done and I didn't die, so there's that. Smile  10 tonight.

FS- I definitely run through pockets of air at different temps.

LRB- Great run!

Baboon

delicate flower

Hey now!  Today I have an easy 50 minute run to get done.  Got to interview a job candidate later for a position that doesn't report to me.  Kind of weird to interview someone who will end up being my peer if hired.

One month of marathon training to go...peak weeks.  Nothing hurts.  There is some fatigue, but no sore hip, no sore knee, no sore back, no foot problem, no ITB tenderness, no slight muscle pull, no achy piriformis.  Clearly I have not been training hard enough.  

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yoda say; never far from the gutter do you stray. Tongue

much more fun, that way it is.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

One month of marathon training to go...peak weeks.  Nothing hurts.  There is some fatigue, but no sore hip, no sore knee, no sore back, no foot problem, no ITB tenderness, no slight muscle pull, no achy piriformis.  Clearly I have not been training hard enough.  

I hope you knock on some damn wood or something FFS.

onemile

There's still time. 

LRB

much more fun, that way it is.

lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Speaking of races, I am not expecting a PR at next month's half marathon, training hasn't been strong and I haven't really focused on speed so I'll be happy just to finish around my 1:53:12 time. The IMM is most definitely the most important race this year.

PRs

Cyberic

That's real good news!