Beginners and Beyond

Wipe out TuesDAILIES (Read 22 times)

RunningOnSand

hey there. 0.25mi into my run, I stepped onto a walnut and totally face planted. I sprained my ankle, banged up my knee, and had to call my husband to come pick me up. I'm now on the couch icing it. MF'er.  I also shattered my iPhone screen. Looks like I'll be taking a break from running til I'm able to put weight on it again. Sigh.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

hey there. 0.25mi into my run, I stepped onto a walnut and totally face planted. I sprained my ankle, banged up my knee, and had to call my husband to come pick me up. I'm now on the couch icing it. MF'er.  I also shattered my iPhone screen. Looks like I'll be taking a break from running til I'm able to put weight on it again. Sigh.

Ouch!  Sorry to hear about that.  I almost did a similar thing a couple of years ago when I stepped on a couple gumballs and my foot rolled out from under me.  Not learning from that, some months later I got a hairline fracture of my ankle after rolling it on a stone in the street.  Were you running in the dark?

I hope you recover quickly.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, no! Hope it's nothing major.

I have either 7 or my RD.

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I did 7.7 with 4x800 and 2x400 (last one cut a bit short...).

Eerie...I did almost the same. Stepped hard on a crabapple, on the track, on my last interval, and turned my right ankle pretty hard. I think I was lucky as I walked it off and was able to run home no problem. Standing at work, so far, has been ok.

RoS - hope you feel better soon with the ice and rest. There's a lot of stuff on the ground right now between walnuts, acorns, crabapples, horse chestnuts, wet leaves, etc... And all of it is tough to see in the dark.

GinnyinPA

ROS - ouch! I hope you heal quickly, but definitely give your ankle time to heal. Around here it's the acorns that are hazardous this time of year.

bluerun

Super B****

Ugh... feel better!!

8 on the AlterG here

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Ouch, I know your pain…known it twice this summer.

sdWhiskers

Ugh, all this is the worst.

sdWhiskers

6 miles. We had quite the storm last night...thunder/lightning for hours, hail, power outages, multiple fires in the area. So my run this morning was basically a trail run because the sidewalks were covered with all sorts of tree debris. I kicked 2 different large pinecones and almost wiped out, then multiple times "skating" across areas of hundreds of acorns and berries. 2 stoplights were out and almost hit by a lady in a minivan, at least she said Sorry! Geez. Luckily, I returned home unscathed.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training this morning. Will run after work.

ROS< hope the ankle feels better. Was this one of the black walnuts that are sort of greenish & big?

sdWhiskers, it looked like there was quite the storm when they were showing clips on MNF while delaying the indoor game. I thought the whole point of spending billions of dollars for an indoor stadium was weather is not an issue?

KCRuns

ROS, that's awful!  Praying for a speedy recovery!

I ran 4 miles.  We have some kind of not hard, but not soft, red berry sized something falling off the trees here and they give a very satisfying snap & squish when I step on them.  So naturally I did some fancy footwork to get as many as possible in a couple of spots this morning.

sdWhiskers

sdWhiskers, it looked like there was quite the storm when they were showing clips on MNF while delaying the indoor game. I thought the whole point of spending billions of dollars for an indoor stadium was weather is not an issue?

Not technically an indoor stadium. Apparently, the stadium has a roof but the walls are wide open. Like I've mentioned before, I'm just glad that San Diego didn't have to pay for the stadium!

delicate flower

ROS, that does not sound fun.  Hope you heal quickly.

I had a light tempo run this morning.  3 x 1200 at right around marathon pace.  30 minutes total for the run.  I've got an easy bike spin to do later too.  Looks like PR weather for my marathon Saturday.  I've got no excuses!

Red Sox vs Yankees tonight, but it's a bummer the game starts at the ungodly hour of 8:00 PM.

<3

sdWhiskers

Red Sox vs Yankees tonight, but it's a bummer the game starts at the ungodly hour of 8:00 PM.

if you're lucky, it might be done by 1am

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

ROS, that does not sound fun.  Hope you heal quickly.

I had a light tempo run this morning.  3 x 1200 at right around marathon pace.  30 minutes total for the run.  I've got an easy bike spin to do later too.  Looks like PR weather for my marathon Saturday.  I've got no excuses!

I'll be lucky to make it to the 3rd inning...

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28