Beginners and Beyond

Live and let Run FriDAILIES (Read 41 times)

LRB

What up doe crew!

I have some easy miles on the belt this morning which would give me yet another week of running 4 days on the stupid thing.

I am not complaining really, it just epitomizes how bad it has been outside as it takes a lot to get me off the pavement.

As it is I will be telling my grand-kids stories someday about The Winter of 2014, where I ran to work 90 days straight, in subzero temps and 12 inches of snow, barefoot....both ways, wearing a backpack full of bricks.  lol

What is on your schedule today?

happylily

Rick... LOL....

I have 15 after work. First 11 at easy pace. Then later in the evening, 4 second run at recovery pace. Stupid plan.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Friday and you know what it go!   I've got six hours of meetings today...that's what it go.     Speaking of meetings, I did 7 on the treadmill last night.  Medium effort, which was a little harder than I had planned but I felt good so screw it.  5 easy miles in the great outdoors planned after work today.

I have some easy miles on the belt this morning which would give me yet another week of running 4 days on the stupid thing.

I am not complaining really, it just epitomizes how bad it has been outside as it takes a lot to get me off the pavement.

I feel fortunate that I've "only" had two treadmill runs each of the last three weeks.  The temps have certainly been cold on some days but I've been dealing with it since the roads are clear.  With the exception of speedwork, which I do on the treadmill anyway, all of my quality miles over the last few weeks have been on pavement.  coolstorybro?

<3

Don't call me Buttercup!

SRD for me, doing the domestic wife/mother thing today.   Looking forward to running in sunshine and (relative) warmth tomorrow, though!

Happy Friday, all!

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Happy pie day

Marjorie

Just B.S.

1,500 yards in the pool done. Now at work.

4f but not snowing Smile  Going to warm up to 22 today . 6.5 miles after work .

Perhaps some spinning tonight if there is any time. Need to visit the seniors

home and deliver some meds to Auntie.

Enjoy your day.

Don't call me Buttercup!

Happy pie day

Oh, yeah! It is! =)  Happy pie day to you!

Oooh, and this year we get 12/13/14! =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got 5 miles in this morning before 6 AM, then Rocky got over into the neighbor's yard on the way up our drive and ate something. He then ate all 2 cups of his dog food once we got in the house, actually it was more like he inhaled it all.  Five minutes later he's having seizures and then pukes up all 2 cups of dog food in our bedroom , so DH wasn't happy as he had to get up half an hour earlier than usual, and made Dorian and I get up too.

Now I am not sure if I am going to do the race tomorrow as I know DH would like to sleep in, but I'll wait until later this afternoon to ask him about it.... let him forget about this morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Biking tonight.

I want pie.

Damaris

LRB

I want pie.

Pie is good.

7 miles complete and mentally it was a very lively run.  For people with ADD such as myself, caffeine is great for that!

StepbyStep-SH

LR day - 18 on tap outside. Hopefully I will also incorporate 4 miles @ HMP and 4 miles @ MP.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Hopefully I will also incorporate 4 miles @ HMP and 4 miles @ MP.

It is a big day for you, good luck babe!

Zelanie

All of this talk about procrastination is a good thing- I went to the Portland Marathon site and noticed that the price will go up on Monday.  So, I registered.   It's not until October, so I've still got a while.

Race tomorrow for me.  I took the last 2 days off, and today it just 4 easy and packet pickup.

Although it's nothing like what you guys have been experiencing, our weather has been worse this winter than last, but I've spent much less time on the TM this year, because thanks to you all I have learned to suck it up and run outside even if it's dark, or cold, or rainy.  I just ran inside 6 times, I think, all because the footing was unsafe outside because of the snow.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yay, Z.

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning!

Shari, your LR looks like an ass-kicker! Holy cow! Good luck with that.

AFM, I decided that today was copy Zelanie day. I did start off my day with a few more miles - 7 Easy on the TM. I also have a race tomorrow (it's a 5k). I got an email last night showing the current registration levels for the marathon I'm going to register for, and I saw that they're about 300 away from hitting the cap on the marathon. So today I also registered for my Marathon that is in May! There's no going back! WOOOO! (Actually they have a great transfer or deferral process, so I guess there is.)

Have a great day!

- Andrew