Beginners and Beyond

TURKEY DAILIES (Read 37 times)

Zelanie

Hi and happy Thanksgiving, folks! No turkey trot here, but we are going to have our traditional vegetarian soup. Smile And there might be kale salad.

Marjorie, glad you were able to get some miles in.

Good luck, racers!

LRB

Supp peeps!

6 miles done in a steady snow and cold ass wind.  So much so that my beard and hair were completely covered when I got in!

What was most significant about this run however, had nothing to do with the run itself.  It was how my back felt afterwards, which for the first time in a long time, was great.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good news, LRB.

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Pretty, and smart.  A girl after my own heart!

Awww thanks

and so glad your back behaved

Marjorie

Ric-G

6 miles this AM and starting to cook now...good luck to anyone racing/trotting....have a happy and blessed thanksgiving all!

marathon pr - 3:16

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

29:27 at my Turkey Trot 5K this morning. Not a PR but considering it was 27 "feels like" 16 with 20mph sustained winds and gusts over 35mph, and that I've had low mileage and shin issues lately, I was pleased. And I ran a 33:33 at the same race last year, at the same effort level so it is good to see that tangible amount of improvement!!

Have a great day and yay for fellow racers!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hi dailies:

Happy Thanksgiving!

LRB

Hi dailies:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Supp yo!  How'd it go?

Supp peeps!

6 miles done in a steady snow and cold ass wind.  So much so that my beard and hair were completely covered when I got in!

What was most significant about this run however, had nothing to do with the run itself.  It was how my back felt afterwards, which for the first time in a long time, was great.

Great news LRB!

I ran in the same conditions as you (except no beard) - 14 windchill, a bit of snow on the ground, a bit more coming down. Found it quite pleasant, more cold than wind. However that is definitely jacket weather for me, although I did unzip the vents midway through to cool off a bit. A lot of runners out there today, and even a couple crazy cyclists. 12 miles.

Kristin - congrats!

Zel - arrgh, no more kale!!

Happy Thanksgiving & Happy Hanukkah!

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

A freezing race this morning. Beat my modest goal of 24:58 with a finish time of 24:40 and average pace of 7:57 min/mile so I achieved my sub 8 min 5k goal for 2013.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Robert31320

Team TJ

Happy Turkey Day.

I started the day by creating a 4.6 mile equivalent calorie deficit.  It has since been thoroughly erased...

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

I started the day by creating a 4.6 mile equivalent calorie deficit.  It has since been thoroughly erased...

That is hilarious!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, dailies, and Happy Thanksgiving And happy Hanukkuh too!

I enjoyed a great dinner today with family. The turkey was excellent, as was the bourbon that my nephew and I enjoyed.

i actually took a little walk this evening, and it felt good.  We'll see how the knee feels tomorrow morning.

hope hope everyone has had a great holiday.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

The turkey was excellent, as was the bourbon that my nephew and I enjoyed.

You sure love your bourbon!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Dulce de leche cheesecake is out of the oven.  Turkey breast roast is halfway done.  Starting the sides.  Yum.

Kristin, how did you like that Skirts Sports skirt with attached legging?  Or was that your own?  I bought it but I wonder how did you feel in that weather (for future reference, you know).

Damaris