Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Toasty & Roasty (Read 40 times)

LRB

Well, not literally. But if there ever were a time when 37 degrees felt warm, it would be a week after a Siberian snowstorm came through and rewrote the record books for both snowfall and low temps.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Word.

I have 7 tonight.

Damaris

Cyberic

I agree. It's just above freezing point here, heavy flurries are falling and I felt almost too warm on my commute.

I ran 12 with 4x2km (6:26avg pace) with 2 min recoveries + 2 x 400m (1:28, 1:27).

Oh, and yesterday I said good job on this, as a whole. This morning I did the pace conversion, and realize that you're getting fast, girl!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Got up at 2 this morning, went to the gym for some Bi's, Tri's and Chest. Then headed out the door for a run, I thought it was 36 degrees but turns out it was 32 which felt pretty good.

5 miles done, legs felt a lot better though left ITB is still a little tight. Wore the Saucony Guide 13's, I think my legs liked them.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

HELLO.  It sure was nice to get to bed at 9:00 on a Tuesday for a change.  I ran five miles before work, and I don't know if it's the taper-slugs or what, but my legs sure were tired and sore for no good reason.  On paper the run looks fine, but I felt tired as hell.  I wonder how DaveP's legs are feeling right now.  Maybe he'll tell us.  I've got an easy bike workout to do later too.

Got up at 2 this morning, went to the gym for some Bi's, Tri's and Chest.

Your early workout times are always mind bottling.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

HELLO.  It sure was nice to get to bed at 9:00 on a Tuesday for a change.  I ran five miles before work, and I don't know if it's the taper-slugs or what, but my legs sure were tired and sore for no good reason.  On paper the run looks fine, but I felt tired as hell.  I wonder how DaveP's legs are feeling right now.  Maybe he'll tell us.  I've got an easy bike workout to do later too.

Your early workout times are always mind bottling.

Lol!  I just like to get to the gym when like nobody is there, so if I wake up energized enough to crawl out of bed, I do. Pre-workout helps too lol. Also, it depends on what sleep cycle I'm in when my alarm goes off, last night I went to bed at like 9:30, woke up at 11:15 but went back to sleep and woke up feeling pretty good at 2. If I had woke up somewhere between midnight and 1:30, most likely would not have gotten up at 2, even 3. 

I'll pay for it later by seriously needing a nap at some point today 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

I ran 5.5 with 8x200 @ 10K pace... I was aiming for 48 seconds, some were faster because downhills are nice to me. There is no way in hell I can maintain that for 10K, but whatever.

In the course of the past 24 hours, my performance condition went from improving, to maintaining (after last night's swim), to detraining (after today's run). All righty then!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I agree. It's just above freezing point here, heavy flurries are falling and I felt almost too warm on my commute.

Oh, and yesterday I said good job on this, as a whole. This morning I did the pace conversion, and realize that you're getting fast, girl!

Thanks. I feel like my fitness is coming around!

Next week it's 5x2k and he wants them all under 8:00 

onemile

I ran 5.5 with 8x200 @ 10K pace... I was aiming for 48 seconds, some were faster because downhills are nice to me. There is no way in hell I can maintain that for 10K, but whatever.

I find it impossible not to just hammer 200s

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Got up at 2 this morning, went to the gym for some Bi's, Tri's and Chest. Then headed out the door for a run, I thought it was 36 degrees but turns out it was 32 which felt pretty good.

5 miles done, legs felt a lot better though left ITB is still a little tight. Wore the Saucony Guide 13's, I think my legs liked them.

Words I will never speak!

I ran 4ish last night for my first run back. Other than feeling a bit like an awkward fawn from the time off, my lungs felt pretty good., Unfortunately, I did have some coughing again at night, so we'll see what comes from running with the group this evening.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

bluerun

Super B****

I find it impossible not to just hammer 200s

I know, that's what I was worried about... but it seemed stupid to purposely slow down a lot on the downhills just to keep my average where I wanted it. This is where Strava's GAP comes in handy

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Really nice run/walk around my neighborhood last night after work. Did 3.1 miles of hills in my area.  Felt really good and strong.  Still slow as all get-out - 36:28, averaging 11:35 per mile; Mile 1 - 2 was 11:10 - but feeling really well, pacemaker seems to be doing good now.  What a crazy life... my prostate is giving me hell, but my running is going great, go figure.

LRB, we are quite warm here for a while. It was 67 degrees at 5 pm. when I ran in my neighborhood last night.

Good luck with the miles tonite, Damaris.  I imagine down there you are even warmer than San Antonio is.

Wow, snow..hate the stuff...one reason I moved to San Antonio from Ohio...those Ohio winters were brutal.  I still ran in the stuff back then...but glad to be in a warmer climate now. Good luck, Cyberic.

2 in the morning!  And I thought I was an early morning runner, getting out there at 5 a.m. Happy running with the new shoes, FreeSoul.

I need to do that too, Baboon, get to bed a little earlier.  I have a bad habit of staying up until around midnite, and then I have to be at work by 6:30 am.  I try going to bet at 9, at times, but just end up lying there for a while not sleeping.  Tell me the secret of being able to sleep when you go to bed that early.

Nice running, bluerun. Wish I could like downhills....but they are actually harder on me than uphills, because of my spinal arthritis.  It sucks sometimes being old.   Still beats the alternative, though.  

So_Im_a_Runner, welcome back!  Come-backs are hard after down-time, I can relate.  Wish you all the good luck!

KCruns, 39 and you got hot...dang..I WISH that would happen to me.  I've lived in South Texas so long now (25 years), if the temp drops below 50 I start freezing, lol.  Happy running.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

KCRuns

Words I will never speak!

I ran 4ish last night for my first run back. Other than feeling a bit like an awkward fawn from the time off, my lungs felt pretty good., Unfortunately, I did have some coughing again at night, so we'll see what comes from running with the group this evening.

YAY!  I notice when I get bronchitis that I have coughing after working out for quite a while even after I'm "well".  Hopefully what you had last night is just the lingering stuff that take awhile to go away and not actual sickness.

I ran 4 to work.  It was 39 and I got hot.  I was also slow because I had to carry the backpack today.

Over the weekend, I bought 2 new coats at Costco for $24.  These are ones I can just leave at work so I have a coat to wear home on run commute days or if I need to go outside during lunch or to a meeting.  I should have bought 3, but at the time that seemed silly.  Today I had to carry one in with me, so I think I'm going back to Costco to buy another one this weekend.

delicate flower

<3