Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Toasty & Roasty (Read 40 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That would be a maximum of 10 minutes for me or no deal. #cityboy

^ This.  My Kroger is 1.4 miles away from the house and that's too far compared to what I had before.  In Miami, my Publix was 0.50 miles exactly (I ran to it often, lol). Big grin

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I have at least 4 grocery stores within 2 miles. It will be 5 when Lidl opens in the spring.  I can't imagine being further away.

Baboon

delicate flower

Baboon, I don't get why you can't do it from Orlando as this is not the 20th century when people had to be present to work.

I agree.  Tell that to my boss and boss's boss.  In work's defense though, I really do need to be here next week.  They are not ready for me to be away.

Baboon - years ago my boss offered to get me a satellite phone when I went on vacation rafting in the Grand Canyon. I told him my husband would likely just toss it in the river 'accidentally'. He is a believer that vacations should mean getting away from all the BS. I don't think that would fly these days, when you are expected to be on call 24/7.

Work never hesitates to call me on vacation.  Part of that is my fault though because I tell them I am available 24/7/365 no matter what, but to please use discretion.  I'd rather they contact me if needed rather than have them struggle to find an answer.  I did ask them to please not bother me when I went to Canada for my Ironman in August because I really wanted to escape work, and they complied. 

<3

DavePNW

Within 2 miles I have 7 Starbucks.

Up at 4:30 but slept well otherwise. Went out before 7:00; it was still a bit on the chillier side at 36 degrees but clear and windless, and felt fantastic. 10 miles.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Up at 4:30 but slept well otherwise. Went out before 7:00; it was still a bit on the chillier side at 36 degrees but clear and windless, and felt fantastic. 10 miles.

I had 4 in Miami, which is not quite Seattle, ha. Have not counted mine but I am sure at least I have two within 2 miles from my house here.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Those are taco shops here.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Those are taco shops here.

I love Starbucks but these would be better.  #tacoshopsineverycorner

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Only one Starbucks

Cyberic

You could live your whole life within a one mile radius of my house. Your education would stop after grade 12, and you would not work for a high-tech company, but plenty of restaurants, shoe and clothe stores, groceries, there's a small hardware store... plenty to live your life.

Le Plateau-Mont-Royal (<small>French pronunciation: ​</small>[lə plato mɔ̃ ʁwajal]) is a borough (arrondissement) of the city of MontrealQuebec, Canada.

The Plateau-Mont-Royal takes its name from its location on relatively flat terrain north of Sherbrooke Street and downtown, and east of Mont-Royal. The borough is bordered to the north and north-east ... blablabla... It is the most densely populated borough in Canada, with 101,054 people living in an 8.1 square kilometre area.

So 101K people in a 3.1 square mile area.

#cityboy

MTA: If my daughter didn't play competitive sports in another borough, and didn't have her games all over Montreal, I would strongly consider getting rid of my car. I'm already considering it but the sports would be a problem.

LRB

Within 7 miles I have 2 Starbucks. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You did no speed during marathon training? Glad you are back at it! So what's next??

On a related note, I have no idea what it means when runners talk about their glutes firing or not firing  

Same here, I just know when my glutes hurt....

I wouldn't mind living further in Warrick county, but honestly I want to live closer to state/national parks, more trails

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

URP registered for Houston. And for my HM coming up! 

He's been saying he's gonna run it with me but I could never tell if he was being serious

Half Crazy K 2.0

He's been saying he's gonna run it with me but I could never tell if he was being serious

Make sure you send him multiple wake up texts!

LRB

I love that guy, your stories about him are so funny.

onemile

Make sure you send him multiple wake up texts!

I can just picture it now.. banging on his door trying to get him up because he drank too much the night before