Beginners and Beyond

MonDailies (Read 17 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Back to chilly weather here.  41º with a cold wind blowing for my lunch time 10k run.  It took 2½ miles before I stopped regretting leaving my gloves at home.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day. Luckily I need to pick something up from another work building,  so I'll be getting paid to take a recovery walk.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Rest day. Luckily I need to pick something up from another work building,  so I'll be getting paid to take a recovery walk.

Nice.  How are you feeling today?

DavePNW

How are you feeling today?

Thanks for asking! 

I actually have zero soreness. Of course it was not a race effort, but 26.2 is still 26.2, and I was definitely starting to feel things in the later miles. When I say zero, I mean no additional soreness, because I still have the usual level. I had a 7 AM meeting today; I could've run beforehand but decided to give myself a little extra recovery time and sleep, and will go for a short easy one this evening. I have early work things the next two days as well, so I guess it'll be good to force me to take things easy. Maybe I'll push my usual Wed workout to Thurs. I do have a big MP workout planning for next weekend, so I'm hoping that'll go well. Then the following weekend, 3 weeks out from my marathon...racing a 10k! I figure that still gives me enough time to recover, and anyway I go into taper pretty shortly after that.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Of course, Dave, I assume frequent distance runners like you and Baboon will be fine, whereas I think it's been a while since HCK ran a half.

Still, good to hear you're doing well.  Shouldn't all countdowns at this point be days to NYC.

DavePNW

Still, good to hear you're doing well.  Shouldn't all countdowns at this point be days to NYC.

LOL, one marathon at a time! Well other than the one I did yesterday. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, racers!

RD for me.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning!  WFH day, and DW is at work and Dog is at daycare, so the house is quiet and I don't like it.

Of course, Dave, I assume frequent distance runners like you and Baboon will be fine

I ran 8 hilly miles before work and felt fine, like I didn't run a HM two days ago.  I didn't run 26.2 like Dave did though.

coolstorybro:  With all of the hill running I've been doing the past couple of months, what I am finding with my runs is that while I am not necessarily running uphill any faster, it is not taxing my legs as much, so I have more energy for the subsequent downhill and flat miles.  I don't do hill sprints, nor do I "attack" the uphills because I feel like that is a waste of energy.  I just run them at a steady effort.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Of course, Dave, I assume frequent distance runners like you and Baboon will be fine, whereas I think it's been a while since HCK ran a half.

You mean I should maybe consider doing this one than once per year? I'm not too sore today. If I really had to, I could run today. I had kept the effort fairly easy yesterday,  so that helped.

Got my walk in. A bird crapped on me.

sdWhiskers

3 miles this morning. Slow road back. I'm coughing maybe every 3 min instead of every minute 

Our family in Maine got hit pretty hard by the ice storm this weekend. Most haven't had power in >24 h. My MIL's apartment parking lot looked like more than half of the cars had branches fall on them--hers was thankfully ok.

DavePNW

Here’s a local half coming up. Sure, sign me right up. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Mostly flat, gentle rolling hills.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Here’s a local half coming up. Sure, sign me right up. 

Looks like rope climbing skills are required.

Baboon

delicate flower

Mostly flat, gentle rolling hills.

"fast finish"

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

That elevation map seems a bit compressed. Is it roughly 150 feet over the course of a mile? That's a bit steep, but not crazy. Here's the elevation map from yesterday's race. The only really noticeable hill was that V inn the middle. I remember noting a hill probably around mile 9 on the way out and I kpe twaiting for it and it never came.

Oh, other weird thing from the race. Not sure if people decided to DNF way into the race and the only way to do that is to head back? I'd think if you were going to do that, you'd take off your bib/hide it I saw at least 3 people (1 was the first I saw coming back) and then 2 others near the front of the returning back whose pace was not matching the leaders at all. The first guy was on pace to hit the 10 mile mark in under 45 minutes.