Beginners and Beyond

Sleepy Monday Penguins (Read 22 times)

GinnyinPA

Kathleen - the deep water running should work for you.  Do you have a weight belt?  Stress baking isn't a problem, it's the stress eating that hurts.  BTDT

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Ginny the one I want to PR is on June 21. I actually have a race each weekend til then that I'll use as some sort of speedwork, then we will see what the 21st brings. I start marathon training officially on the 28th. I wanted to increase to 5 days a week now though.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Ginny the one I want to PR is on June 21. I actually have a race each weekend til then that I'll use as some sort of speedwork, then we will see what the 21st brings. I start marathon training officially on the 28th. I wanted to increase to 5 days a week now though.

Kristin - if DH gets the go ahead from the cardiologist to run he's said he'll run with me and try to pace me to a 59:59 10k for the Queens 10k.  You are welcome to join us if that's the case.  He's a pretty good pacer.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

My 27th race of the year done on Sunday:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/7149d68501734da5ab863b4e4f7abc8e/resume#focus

Today is a non-running day. Our university computers went down for a while, so I went to the university gym for lunch and got my weight-training circuit done, yay!  Of course, this means I have to work a bit late today to make up some time, but that's okay, it's all good.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Kristin - if DH gets the go ahead from the cardiologist to run he's said he'll run with me and try to pace me to a 59:59 10k for the Queens 10k.  You are welcome to join us if that's the case.  He's a pretty good pacer.

That sounds fantastic!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

From the Internet.

Oh man. I was finally starting to hold it together and then I happened to glance over at the three little cat bowls in my kitchen, the thought of having to put away one of those bowls completely set off the waterworks again.

PADRunner

Ginny, no race it's All Star Week. I probably will be dreaming I'm running by the end of the week.

The park is drying out but the river is still rising.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

((((hugs)))) lauren

hog4life

Ginny, I'll be doing all my upcoming LR's on a different day due to my work schedule. Hopefully it will all work out and I can survive the 26.2! I kind of thought about pushing a little further today, but it had gotten way too hot, I started at 5:15am, and by 8:30, I was cooked.

From the Internet.

I am the saddest. Large mass behind her heart. I just want a couple more days with her.

hog4life

((((Lauren))))

on my way to badass

Oh Lauren, I am so sorry for your bad news. 

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

From the Internet.

Thanks guys. She's home and fairly comfortable right now, they drained the fluid out of her pleural cavity so she's breathing easier, and gave me Lasix to keep the fluid at bay, she will be on it until the end. Labwork should be back tomorrow or the next day and then we'll know what kind of cancer we're dealing with. The vet said chemo or prednisone could be options, but to be honest I don't want to put her through all the side effects just to selfishly keep her with me a little bit longer, though if he really thinks they have a good shot at working and will give me a significant amount of time with her I'll consider it. I'd rather keep a close eye on her, enjoy our time together while she's still reasonably comfortable, and take her in to be euthanized when she starts to go downhill, though with a cat who's clearly really good at hiding symptoms that might be tough.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Nope, I'll be broiling on the coast.  The race is appropriately named the "Armadillo Broil 25K & 50K".  That's a big 10-4 on the automatic PR!

Robert - is your 25k in the mountains?  I can't imagine racing that far in the summer in Georgia.  The good part though, even if you go slowly, it will be a PR.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Kathleen - the deep water running should work for you.  Do you have a weight belt?  Stress baking isn't a problem, it's the stress eating that hurts.  BTDT

Ginny - I'm just now researching floatation belts for deep water running. I'm going to search the forum and see what the collective wisdom may have already posted. So far the biggest warning is boredom. I'm hoping gratitude will trump boredom.

Lauren - hang in there. So sad for you and Kitty.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K