Beginners and Beyond

Sleepy Monday Penguins (Read 22 times)

Zelanie

Lauren, I am so sorry.  Somebody in my running club has a senior dog who was diagnosed with a heart tumor last year.  They declined treatment after they drained the fluid and got him comfortable, and he's still with them several months later, and doing well.

GinnyinPA

Lauren - I'm sorry for the bad news, but glad that you have a little more time with your kitty.  Today while walking Ben we waved at a neighbor couple who were sitting on their porch.  I asked, "Where's your pup?" since we often see their elderly lab mix out in their front yard.  She answered that they were taking him to be put to sleep in the afternoon, because of cancer and that he was sleeping in the cool kitchen. Ten minutes later we passed an ambulance pulling into a driveway to pick someone up.  A sad day all around.

Kathleen - on the RW Marathon Turtle thread there is a woman called Kikini who has serious knee issues.  She does a lot of her running in the pool,  to the point that she trained for Boston with at least half her running in the pool.  If you contact her, I think she'd give you good advice.

Ginny - you are always so helpful. Thanks!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

From the Internet.

Lauren, I am so sorry.  Somebody in my running club has a senior dog who was diagnosed with a heart tumor last year.  They declined treatment after they drained the fluid and got him comfortable, and he's still with them several months later, and doing well.

This gives me hope that I might have more than a just couple days left with her - my vet tech sister also said she's seen animals thrive on Lasix for years, I don't think we'll have years left but if I can keep her comfortable and happy for a few weeks to a few months, that would make me extremely happy.

She is eating and drinking fine, has been snuggled on the couch with me all night - either she knows she's sick, or she knows I'm sad, or she's really happy not to be stuck in a cage at the vet.