Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Run DAILIES (Read 37 times)

Ric-G

7.5 this AM. Family stuff the rest of the day

Have a great (Easter) Sunday everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hey guys!  Guess what is going to be taking place while I'm in Costa Rica?

Sponsored by Kotex and Aleve, of course. 

Nice.  Do it.  Sponsors like Kotex and Aleve are normal in PR, so I guess it's a Latin thing?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

7.5 this AM. Family stuff the rest of the day

Have a great (Easter) Sunday everyone!

You're doing Boston, right?  Do we know your Bib #?

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! Happy Easter.

Z, do it!

SRD for me. Cross-training of raking leaves that fell late and were covered by snow all winter. The forecast is mid-70s, so I told my mom that her and her husband could come over and grill instead of us going out. Then she said my sister and her kids were coming. So, I guess it's Easter at our house!

Adios!

- Andrew

Mmmmm...beer

18.4 miles done, great run!  Wind was killer tho, knocked about :40 off my pace on the way back, fun stuff.

Zel, do it, I think it would be cool to do a race outside the US.

Speaking of sponsors, the 5k I'm running on Sat is being sponsored by Panera Bread, Chick-Fil-A and Krispy Kreme, quite possibly the best combination of sponsors I've ever seen for a race! Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

happylily

Basya, I hope you feel better soon. Enjoy Passover!

Zel, that race looks great! Do it!

I ran 22 miles in 3:02:11, 8:17 pace, no break, half a gel, no water. Now I have mild cramps and I need to hydrate badly. And I must hurry, the family is coming over and I haven't set up the table yet, nor have I cooked the meal, because I'm waiting for my daughter to arrive. (Why do you think I had a daughter so young? So she could cook for me in my old age, of course).

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Zel, hilarious!

10.3 miles and a banana royale from Baskin Robbins are finished. My hips were tight as hell that first mile but eventually everything loosened up and the run was fine.

I still have no idea what my true easy pace is as it has been all over the place since my half so I am just rolling along until things settle down.

At some point I will shower, have breakfast, then catch a little Tigers vs Angels on the tube while I decide what I want for dinner.

This is my fourth Easter as a vegetarian but I have no idea what I ate the previous three.  I can however, tell you the exact date of my first run outside and what I wore, and what I had for breakfast the morning of my first race.  Go figure!

Baboon

delicate flower

I ran 22 miles in 3:02:11, 8:17 pace, no break, half a gel, no water.

Why not?

<3

happylily

Why not?

1) Didn't think of preparing a bottle, didn't think I'd suffer from no drinking (and it's not like I really "suffered" either). It was about 30F at the start. 50F at the finish.

2) Drinking water usually means stopping for me. Stopping is for me temptation to cut a run short. No drinking, no temptation. In a race, I grab a paper cup, throw it down my throat and swallow whatever I can. No stopping. Much easier.

LRB

Why not?

Because her 'nads are so big she sits on them while everyone else must find a chair must stop to get a drink. 

happylily

Because her 'nads are so big she sits on them while everyone else must find a chair must stop to get a drink. 

Yeah. Whatever. Mr "I don't know what my easy pace is anymore because I'm just made of fast" 

LRB

Yeah. Whatever. Mr "I don't know what my easy pace is anymore because I'm just made of fast" 

There is a very thin line between being fast, and being stupid.  I am proceeding cautiously so that I am the former and not the latter.

Running speed is useless if you are burned out or injured...

...or pregnant. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Bahahaha.

Damaris

outoftheblue

"Made of fast"   That sounds like a great T-shirt idea.

I've been hosting my family since Friday.  I had a great time and they loved seeing the "Easter chicks" and helping in the garden.  After an Easter brunch today, they left, so I'm back to having some time to check the Dailies and hope to get a few miles in this afternoon.

Life is good.

happylily

There is a very thin line between being fast, and being stupid.  I am proceeding cautiously so that I am the former and not the latter.

Running speed is useless if you are burned out or injured...

...or pregnant. 

I have no idea what you are talking about, Rick. Are you saying that you are in between the fast and the stupid? Or that you are pregnant?

8:17 pace isn't running speed, btw...