Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAILIES Underpromise and Overdeliver (Read 41 times)

Zelanie

Andrew, that's much better than unicorns and rainbows in the car, then horrible screaming meltdown wherever you are, making you feel like you are a horrible parent and everybody is watching, then back to happy in the car like, "What's the big deal, Dad?"  I think that might have me 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

hope you get to feeling better Julie.

Still sick as a dog with the flu here. Third day waking up with a fever, headache and the bronchi on fire. But I have to work. I ran last night, but with the constant coughing, it wasn't easy. I may, or may not, run tonight.

Have a great day!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Will run for scenery.

Basya & Ric : have a great day, but don't forget to slow down going into the turns 

Lily : the flu is so awful, I hope you feel better soon.

Andrew : you go out of your way to treat your DD well and she is ungrateful.  I suggest you trade her in for a cat.

Phil : How did you get that trick shot where it looks like you're skiing down a crazy steep-ass mountain ?

HL : Scary stuff w/ all the falling down.  Hope everyone does okay.  My dad fell and bumped his head during a trip to Spain a few years ago.  The doc said he couldn't fly home just yet, so he holed up in a cool little B&B and ate awesome food for a week. But still.... better to be careful!

Step : Shuffle revovery ?  Shouldn't you leave that to Jay, or someone off to see him ? In Buffalo......

AFM : a bit of elliptical last night.  I'll see if I can hit the gym tonight.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

outoftheblue

Good morning all.  We finally got some rain last night and it's still sprinkling this morning.  It was so desperately needed; I think the plants in the yard stood up and cheered.   6 recovery miles on tap for me later today.  Time to russell up some potatoes to make some home fries for this morning.

Phil -- I've been loving your awesome ski pictures.  Looks like you're having a blast.

Lily -- Feel better soon!

Hobbit Legs -- Sorry life's been tough lately.   Hope the falling is over for awhile.

Life is good.

StepbyStep-SH

Andrew, that's much better than unicorns and rainbows in the car, then horrible screaming meltdown wherever you are, making you feel like you are a horrible parent and everybody is watching, then back to happy in the car like, "What's the big deal, Dad?"  I think that might have me 

BTDT. Sad

An idea - don't know if it would work - might be to find a special toy or book she really loves and save it just for the ride home from wherever. Or a little snack. Sometimes kids have fun and are so distracted with new surroundings they don't realize they are getting hungry or thirsty, then once they are back in that boring car seat it hits them.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Oh - and it was a wonderful morning to be outside again! 30*, light snow falling, so great for my psyche! 5.16 miles done.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Still sick as a dog with the flu here. Third day waking up with a fever, headache and the bronchi on fire. But I have to work. I ran last night, but with the constant coughing, it wasn't easy. I may, or may not, better not run tonight or D will kick my butt.

Have a great day!

There you go!  Feel better!

Damaris

Just B.S.

Lordy lord hold the presses!!!!!!!!!!! It is 18 F and sunny today with no wind. An early taste of spring!!! WooHoo!!!

So glad I brought my running clothes today just in case. Hubby will drop me off on the way home from work

for 6.5 miles with speedwork. First outdoor run since Sunday. Very excited to be running in such warm temps!!

Lily, my sympathies. That was me 2 weeks ago. Be prepared to feel like crap for at least

10 day (unfortunately).

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I'm kind of sick....but so far just a runny nose for the most part. Hopefully I can fight off whatever is coming. I started to feel shitty yesterday evening so skipped the swim to get hone at a decent hour (swimming means getting home around 10:30 or 11:00). 2.5-3 TM miles after work if I feel ok....URD if not Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

WASSSSUP!!!!! It's on and crackin!!!!

Well, not really.  Got nothing today, trying to be super patient, don't want to do too much.

Lily, you should be resting with the flu not running!  Feel better!

Hope everyone has an awesome day!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Zelanie, that's very true! I think that would be worse, definitely.

JJ: LOL. Yes, trade her for a cat. Smile

BTDT. Sad

An idea - don't know if it would work - might be to find a special toy or book she really loves and save it just for the ride home from wherever. Or a little snack. Sometimes kids have fun and are so distracted with new surroundings they don't realize they are getting hungry or thirsty, then once they are back in that boring car seat it hits them.

Step - not a bad idea! I should probably just keep some cheerios or chex in the car and then when we head on out then she can start eating it. A book is a good idea too. She's really big in to books, not much in to toys.

- Andrew

DavePNW

I should probably just keep some sedatives in the car 

FYP.

Dave

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

FYP.

More than once I've thought that. Smile

- Andrew

Nicole, I'm happy that your FIL and brother are OK. Why has the Y been closing so early?

Damaris, have a pleasant six-miler. I hope that the kitties are OK.

Rick, sweet seven. I can't imagine you having an ugly mug shot.

Phil, I'm loving your vacation photos.

FreeSoul87, excellent eight.

Zelanie, have a wonderful tempo run tonight.

Andrew, bravo on the eight TM miles. How old is DD?

jjs22, have fun doing whatever you do.

outoftheblue, enjoy your six recovery miles.

Shari, fantastic 5.16.

Beth, enjoy your outdoor run. kristin10185, I hope that you feel better ASAP.

John Rustle, have a great day.

I'm still feeling a high from this morning. Woo! Weights and either running or the AMT tonight. Push-ups and ab work at home.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Nicole, I'm happy that your FIL and brother are OK. Why has the Y been closing so early?

Thanks, Basya. I live in East TN and the least little bit of ice/snow sends everyone into a panic. It was nothing like Atlanta here, but the Y opened late and closed early due to the icy conditions. The day of the storm was genuinely bad for a bit because the roads weren't treated and the area is very hilly, but the city roads are fine now. I honestly don't know why they closed early yesterday unless it was for employees who live in outlying areas which are still ice-covered. A lot of people around here just can't handle driving in the stuff. My dad was a truck driver and  taught me how to handle it. I also lived in a mountainous area for several years, and got pretty used to driving on ice/snow.