Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies are up early (Read 43 times)

delicate flower

Woke up at 5:50 because of a race.  Stupid race.  So yeah, I've got a 10K at 8:30.  Sleeping in would have been good too.  We'll be entertaining mom-in-law the rest of the day after that (her birthday).

Wat u got!

<3

Little Blue

Soaking head in coffee.  Not quite awake yet, but once I'm awake I rarely go back to sleep.

A few miles later, plus a few with my walking buddy.  Then .. stuff.

Good luck on your race!

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

Didnt PR last night, but still won my AG with a 19:18. It was a lot hotter than last weeks 5k, took me almost an hour to stop sweating!

Next one will be in Oct, tuneup before my half.  Maybe I should actually do some speed work? lol

Heading out for 20, hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

'Sup.

I am headed out for 12 geezus. ZZZZ's.

This is going to hurt me a lot more than it's going to hurt you. 

I will be back to play later, FFS.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Woke up at 4:15 AM, but had an ugly headache which was probably from the strong margarita I had last night at Hacienda so I laid on the couch for a while and debated on running at all. Being quite buzzed last night, I confessed my insecurities about my position in the business to DH who promised that when things are going much better, we will look to hire someone who is actually qualified for the financial part of the business.... and doesn't have a distraction with them. I told him how the last couple of weeks have been emotional and stressful for me, my runs and workouts just weren't doing what they used to for me and I was feeling like a failure everyday. He listened, which really helped a lot.

But I decided I needed more than that, not only making this week a cutback week but I needed to "recharge" and a change of scenery, something I haven't had all summer. So, I took the dogs out on the trails this morning. It was 68 degrees and humid but we really enjoyed it, it was extremely refreshing to be out there on the trails.... could've done without all the spiderwebs but hey, that still didn't damper my spirit and having my two canine buddies with me helped even more so. I really needed this, and I might just make a couple of next week's runs on the trails too if it's cool enough. Jetta did really good too, she isn't quite trail savvy yet and would cross in front of me a lot during the first 3 miles but fell in behind me after that... though I did feel her tongue on my calves a couple of times lol, Rocky fell in behind her and was definitely a bit tired but he'll get back shape real quick once he starts running more often again. We ran an easy 5.3 miles in 55:32, it felt great.

Me and my TRB's (warning: lots of pics, love my poochies Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

10K suck fest... this is not helping me hate the distance any less!!

(46:15, fourth female)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

cjones1

10K suck fest... this is not helping me hate the distance any less!!

(46:15, fourth female)

Nice job. The only thing that makes you find of the distance is not running any. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

cjones1

Oh yeah, I ran 10. It was supposed to be 14, but the last 4 was lost in a sea of laziness and donuts.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

delicate flower

42:16 on my 10K.  39 second PR.

50 / 670 OA

5 / 25 AG

Wanted to do better but a PR is a PR.  Not a good result for a marathon predictor.  Meh.  It was warm (70) and humid (65 dew point).  Uncomfortable but not terrible.  I just haven't been doing a lot of speedwork.

And that is my RR.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats Blue & Babs!

RD - need to freeze the raspberries we picked yesterday and make spaghetti sauce with all the tomatoes from our CSA. And apparently, fall has arrived - high temp today of only 72*, and with the breeze out there, it won't even feel that warm. Not that I'm complaining.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

I am headed out for 12 geezus. ZZZZ's.

It's over! And by some unknown miracle I managed to make the last mile the fastest, relatively speaking of course.

I swear the longer these dreadful ass things get, I am going to start driving around the country to a town near you and you can keep me company FFS.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, racers!!!

andrea, sunglasses, woman!

In the middle of my LR. Bye.

Damaris

LRB

Okay, that made me laugh out loud. lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Congrats, racers!!!

andrea, sunglasses, woman!

But I was on the trails damn it, and it was dark  I wanted the sun behind us, but Jetta was goofy 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I am heading to the movies to rest my sore ass FFS. I am trying to decide between Man from UNCLE and Agent 47.

Since only 5 minutes separate their start times, I will most likely make it a last minute decision...