Beginners and Beyond

Bone Chilling FriDAILIES (Read 37 times)

LRB

I know, right? I see some bikes equipped with a flashing light so bright I have to look away. It's usually just casual people on bikes, too. I can see the scene in the store with the seller going "It's important to be seen. The brighter the better. Flashing catches the eye more. Here, buy this. It's the brightest we've got. You'll be seen 3 miles away. Oh and I recommend changing the batteries after each use, and carrying some on you."

lol

bluerun

Super B****

Oh, hey, guess what... I just booked a room for Boston. The fact that it's considered ridiculously cheap makes me head hurt.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I ran 10 miles with the Mona Fartlek (2x1:30, 4x1:00, 4x:30, 4x:15 with with equal moderate pace recoveries)

Last week he said it was sloppy so I tried to be better this week. Did I succeed? Overall it was prob too slow but the shorter intervals were faster than the longer ones which was where I failed last week so.. maybe?

LRB

Oh, hey, guess what... I just booked a room for Boston. The fact that it's considered ridiculously cheap makes me head hurt.

Comparing Boston and NYC, I feel like I got better value from New York. They were both ridiculous, but I stayed an extra night in NYC for essentially the same amount spent for Boston. I also was in a higher rated hotel so I could've saved more by downgrading a notch.

LRB

I ran 10 miles with the Mona Fartlek (2x1:30, 4x1:00, 4x:30, 4x:15 with with equal moderate pace recoveries)

Last week he said it was sloppy so I tried to be better this week. Did I succeed? Overall it was prob too slow but the shorter intervals were faster than the longer ones which was where I failed last week so.. maybe?

Named for who?

onemile

LRB

onemile

I should've remembered that. 

I think Cyberic has posted about it before

bluerun

Super B****

Steve Moneghetti

http://nateruns.blogspot.com/2015/01/monaghetti-fartlek.html

I can't decide if that workout looks like fun or terrible. Maybe I'll try it one day. (Can't be more painful than the sentence in that link using "seen" in place of "scene," anyway...)

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

Comparing Boston and NYC, I feel like I got better value from New York. They were both ridiculous, but I stayed an extra night in NYC for essentially the same amount spent for Boston. I also was in a higher rated hotel so I could've saved more by downgrading a notch.

It's hard for me to gauge that since I've never tried to price NYC as an out-of-towner. But the fact that I got two nights with tax for less than half the price some people are paying for one night before tax is supposed to make me feel better, or something? Granted, I'm staying in Quincy, but still. I need that money for my post-marathon dive trip, after all.

chasing the impossible

LRB

I think Cyberic has posted about it before

Yes.

onemile

I can't decide if that workout looks like fun or terrible. Maybe I'll try it one day. (Can't be more painful than the sentence in that link using "seen" in place of "scene," anyway...)

it starts out fun and then it catches up to you with the short moderate paced recoveries and by the :30 sec and :15 sec you are dying

KCRuns

SRD for me.

Docket, whatever happened with that Indy realtor trying to scam your Miami realtor out of 25%?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

SRD for me.

Docket, whatever happened with that Indy realtor trying to scam your Miami realtor out of 25%?

Since my realtor sent her an email responding that what she sent does not include us, etc. and that we told her we never had a realtor to sell our property in Miami, it's been radio silence.  She has not even texted me and I suspect she might not want to since she didn't even want to tell me what she was trying to do.

Damaris

LRB

It's hard for me to gauge that since I've never tried to price NYC as an out-of-towner. But the fact that I got two nights with tax for less than half the price some people are paying for one night before tax is supposed to make me feel better, or something? Granted, I'm staying in Quincy, but still. I need that money for my post-marathon dive trip, after all.

#priorities