Beginners and Beyond

The Super Bowl (Read 71 times)

RSX

NE 27 Seattle 20

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Da Bears ain't in it, so I don't really care that much. If pushed to name a favorite, I'll go with Seattle because I think Belichik pushes the line on ethics and fair play.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

MothAudio

Da Bears ain't in it, so I don't really care that much. If pushed to name a favorite, I'll go with Seattle because I think Belichik pushes the line on ethics and fair play.

That's what I like about the guy - always looking for an edge.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

MothAudio

I am grateful that we went cable free two years ago. Not only do we save a lot of money that I can instead spend on traveling, but I also am spared from being tempted to watch stupid reality TV and professional sports (and yes, that even includes hockey). So my vote is a resounding "Couldn't care less about it".

Does that include road races, track events and the Olympics?

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

happylily

Does that include road races, track events and the Olympics?

Yes, it includes all road races and track events. As for the Olympics, I watch the most important moments on the CBC news, on internet. I do watch a lot of news from France, Germany, Israel, Iran, Saudi Arabia, England and Canada. So don't worry, I'm not completely ignorant.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

Nothing says football like Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski in sparkles.   The pre-game show is really running out of stuff to cover.

tracilynn

1 more week until Walking Dead comes back on

~~~~~~~

Traci

DavePNW

Nothing says football like Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski in sparkles.   The pre-game show is really running out of stuff to cover.

This is why I have no plans to turn on NBC till about 6:30.

Don't feel too strongly pro or con about either team. Probably pulling more for New England, but mainly rooting for a good game.

I think the commercials have been disappointing for a number of years now.

Dave

RSX

This is why I have no plans to turn on NBC till about 6:30.

Don't feel too strongly pro or con about either team. Probably pulling more for New England, but mainly rooting for a good game.

I think the commercials have been disappointing for a number of years now.

I usually turn it on at 6:00. Pizza delivery at 6:15

MothAudio

Who is that goofball  and what does that have anything to do with football / SB?!

LRB

NE 27 Seattle 20

Regardless of which team wins, I will win four hundred large if that 7 is a 5 and that 0 remains.

#whoamIkiddingIneverwinshit

MothAudio

Regardless of which team wins, I will win four hundred large if that 7 is a 5 and that 0 remains.

#whoamIkiddingIneverwinshit

I have a squares pool with my boys but the rule is you have to be in the room at the end of each quarter to collect! - should be fun. No score prediction, just feel the Pats win. Really just hoping for a good game as I don't like either team.

StepbyStep-SH

When the Packers have been in the game, we've done our own little family SB party, but this year, I'm not very invested at all. Even the commercials - what's special about seeing them during the game? Most have already been all over the 'net, and any that aren't will be by the end of the evening.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kettledrum

I hate the Patriots and especially Belichick with a passion.

I don't really care for the Seahawks all that much either, but for tonight I have to say Go Hawks!

Baboon

delicate flower

Gooooo FOOSBALL!

I am rooting for the score to hit on one of my squares.

<3