Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Got legs? (Read 46 times)

Cyberic

That worked!  Thank you! Smile  Also, my running team thanks you for the extra 0.02 mi that the actual file gave me credit for.

Glad I could help you Smile

LRB

Good morning!

I did 10 with 2x3@faster than I thought possible.  I'm excited as all hell. My 15k was at 8:50 pace according to my watch, my splits this morning were

8:10

8:10

7:47

8:11

8:13

8:02

Mcmillian says my 5k pace should go 8:17.  I see why having faith in that prefictor isn't wise.

I hope all you folks have a great day!

Running faster than our 5k predicted times is not a problem many have. You might want to consider reassessing your half marathon time as was suggested yesterday, as your 15k time could be soft. Meaning you might be faster than you're giving yourself credit for.

onemile

Running faster than our 5k predicted times is not a problem many have. You might want to consider reassessing your half marathon time as was suggested yesterday, as your 15k time could be soft. Meaning you might be faster than you're giving yourself credit for.

Actually, if you are predicting your 5k pace it from a long race, most people probably can actually run a 5k faster than what their long distances suggest. Because most people have an endurance deficit.  I would be surprised though if PleasantRidge was so far off based on the mileage he runs.

StepbyStep-SH

Good luck. Hopefully the weather cooperates. Do you have a goal in mind?

I'd like to get 55 miles - that would earn me a 100-mile cumulative patch for this event. But its really a crap-shoot as to how my body is going to respond. I haven't run more than 17 miles in a single day since this event last year, or more than 35 miles in a week since before I got hurt in December. Tentative strategy: Try to run most of the first 4-5 hours (2 p.m. start time) and get 20 miles in before it gets dark, since this is on trails in the woods. Walk through the night, and then see if I can muster one more running loop (just under 3 miles/loop) when DS gets there for the 6-hour at 10 a.m. In theory, walking one loop an hour - 20 min/mile pace - would get me the miles, but it's hard to say how my knee/PF/wonky hip will respond. Plus, 80* BS.

No matter what, I will enjoy the aid station food, the great friends on the course with me, the burgers at the end, and the door prize drawing after the run, which has things like $100 shoe gift cards, $150 hydration packs, $200 Bluetooth speakers, and tons of smaller prizes like headlamps, hats, t-shirts, bags ....

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

bluerun

Super B****

Somewhat horrific. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

5 easy this morning, enjoying my cutback week. Smile

LRB, to answer your question from yesterday, I don't think the sub-18 is there yet, but it's coming, maybe in the spring.  I do think I'm primed for a PR this weekend tho, weather will be decent, not perfect, but about 20* cooler than my last 5k.  So I'm gonna run it hard and hopefully get more solidly in the 18s (I have three 18:5Xs so far lol).

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Actually, if you are predicting your 5k pace it from a long race, most people probably can actually run a 5k faster than what their long distances suggest. Because most people have an endurance deficit.  I would be surprised though if PleasantRidge was so far off based on the mileage he runs.

You make great points, as usual. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Geezus Step, that's exhausting just reading it! Will that be a mileage PR?

Not a fan of yellow, blue?

Good luck D2! I haven't sniffed 18:00 since that one and only magical day.

As for me, blueberry pancakes, hash-browns and scrambled eggs DEVOURED!

bluerun

Super B****

Not a fan of yellow, blue?

I am a fan of yellow!  The yellow is cotton and for the 5K race.  I'm doing the 10M, which gets the green tech.  I hope they're gender specific, at least...

(I forgot to rave about the fact that the Prospect Park 10K shirts WERE gender specific!  Cotton, but a luxuriously soft cotton and it fits really well and the color isn't hideous [though I'm still trying to decide whether it's blue or gray].  It's awesome.)

chasing the impossible

onemile

I am a fan of yellow!  The yellow is cotton and for the 5K race.  I'm doing the 10M, which gets the green tech.  I hope they're gender specific, at least...

(I forgot to rave about the fact that the Prospect Park 10K shirts WERE gender specific!  Cotton, but a luxuriously soft cotton and it fits really well and the color isn't hideous [though I'm still trying to decide whether it's blue or gray].  It's awesome.)

I don't really care if the shirt is ugly if 1) it actually fits and 2) the fabric isn't super cheap.

LRB

I actually sleep in a few of my race shirts. Big grin Some of them are great for that.

bluerun

Super B****

I don't really care if the shirt is ugly if 1) it actually fits and 2) the fabric isn't super cheap.

I suppose I don't either, since I'm hoping it fits even though I think it's kind of ugly

chasing the impossible

cjones1

RD, and PT appt in 30 minutes.  If I don't survive, it's been fun with you guys. Smile

I'm alive.  20 minutes of twisting and pulling, then 20 minutes of TENS.  I've been told I have tight hammies, which was not new information.  Obviously, I need to work on that.  Another appointment on Monday.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Mmmmm...beer

I just commented on a thread on RWOL about shirts, that a local RD uses the softest cotton shirts I've ever felt, and the fit is perfect!  They are by far my favorite shirts, of even any that I've bought, they're just all around the best t-shirts I have.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

bluerun

Super B****

I'm alive.  20 minutes of twisting and pulling, then 20 minutes of TENS.  I've been told I have tight hammies, which was not new information.  Obviously, I need to work on that.  Another appointment on Monday.

Congratulations on your survival.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

I just commented on a thread on RWOL about shirts, that a local RD uses the softest cotton shirts I've ever felt, and the fit is perfect!  They are by far my favorite shirts, of even any that I've bought, they're just all around the best t-shirts I have.

For sure!!  I'd rather get a well-fitting cotton shirt (especially if it's soft like this) than an ill-fitting tech one, particularly if it's the cheap tech fabric.  Running in that is even worse than running in cotton.

chasing the impossible