Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Got legs? (Read 46 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did hills yesterday after work at Fort Sam Houston.  93 degrees, lots of sunshine, no shade = terrible run.  I did manage to run all the hills, but I ended up walking a lot more than planned.  Ended up with 3.6 miles done at really slow 12-something minute miles. A bit dizzy when I got back to the gym so I think I got a tad dehydrated.   I got a cold gatorade from the gym store and sat in the gym a/c slowly sipping my ade and feeling much better after a while.  Oh well, even a bad run is better than not being able to run at all.    Today I took an early lunch from work and at 10 a.m. and got a run/walk done around the campus of the university where I work.  Mucho better run today.   3.3 easy miles, temp was about 79 degrees and the humidity and dewpoint were nice and low.  Did all my running segments very well and felt great.  What a difference from yesterday!  That's the way running is, you just never know what's going to happen until you get out there.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Little Blue

Right?? She's posted the recipe a few times but I'm too lazy to actually try making it.

I'm hoping she'll post it again.  I've not seen it.

Little Blue

Blech. First shirtless run of the year - 

September 24 .. it's finally warm enough?

Oh - I ran 3.25 and walked 3.5.   A lovely overcast and 63 degrees with a breeze.  I didn't even sweat until the end of the first mile.

From the Internet.

September 24 .. it's finally warm enough?

It would have been plenty warm in July and August but I was stuck in the pool at that time!

Little Blue

It would have been plenty warm in July and August but I was stuck in the pool at that time!

Oh yeah, that.  Well then, bask in your near-nekkidness!

B-Plus

Waiting on coaches orders or just winging it?

Heading to a group workout, so I'll find out when I get there.

StepbyStep-SH

I'm hoping she'll post it again.  I've not seen it.

For you, I will. Those guys have had their chances.

Blueberry-Peach Baked Oatmeal

My tips: add 1 tsp of cinnamon; don't bother separating eggs, just use two whole eggs; after you've made it with peaches and blueberries, change it up with apples and craisins or rhubarb and strawberries (extra sugar in the rhubarb version); if you don't like or have walnuts, top with whatever nuts you have on hand, or leave them off. You can also add 1/2 cup of flaxseed meal if you want even more fiber and nutrients.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Ric-G

greetings...has been really hot here for some time...this heat never quits. did 9 this AM. soccer match for older son later. both kids are playing now ...fun. anyway, have a good rest of the day.

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

'Sup RG, training for anything?

Step, I'm gonna make that oatmeal!

DavePNW

Anyone taking bets on whether he's really going to do it? Vegas has the odds at 15-1 against.

Dave

Ric-G

rick - battled some nagging knee (meniscus) stuff for the last couple months. haven't really had any major injuries for a long while, so I just laid off some and eased back. anyway, I may do a marathon on min training in November with some local guys as it's close to home. not a goal race...and no big travel involved which always works for me.

'Sup RG, training for anything?

marathon pr - 3:16

Little Blue

For you, I will. Those guys have had their chances.

Blueberry-Peach Baked Oatmeal

My tips: add 1 tsp of cinnamon; don't bother separating eggs, just use two whole eggs; after you've made it with peaches and blueberries, change it up with apples and craisins or rhubarb and strawberries (extra sugar in the rhubarb version); if you don't like or have walnuts, top with whatever nuts you have on hand, or leave them off. You can also add 1/2 cup of flaxseed meal if you want even more fiber and nutrients.

Added to my recipe software.  Does this come out like regular oatmeal?  Because a couple of reviews referred to it as bars.  I love love love the idea of making it in individual squares and freezing for later.

Baboon

delicate flower

I swimmed.  1500 yards in 43 minutes.  Still slow as hell, but improving.

<3

LRB

Anyone taking bets on whether he's really going to do it? Vegas has the odds at 15-1 against.

lol - I actually get around the kitchen quite well, I jus haven't thought about it enough.

#therewillbepics

Tomorrow though I'm going to McDonald's first thing after my run for a Twix McFlurry. Also known as Yummy in a Cup. Cool

DavePNW

I swimmed.  1500 yards in 43 minutes.  Still slow as hell, but improving.

It would reduce drag through the water if you got yourself an IM tattoo.

Dave