Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Got legs? (Read 46 times)

DavePNW

lol - I actually get around the kitchen quite well, I jus haven't thought about it enough.

#therewillbepics

Tomorrow I'm going to McDonald's first thing after my run for a Twix McFlurry, also known as Yummy in a Cup. Cool

This is what I anticipate. Begin with good intentions, looking through the pantry to make sure you have all the ingredients. Discover you have no baking powder or vanilla extract, doubt starts starts to creep in, but convince yourself to get in the car and head out to the store. On the way you pass by Mickey D's and say fuck it, I'm just having myself a Twix McFlurry for breakfast.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

Added to my recipe software.  Does this come out like regular oatmeal?  Because a couple of reviews referred to it as bars.  I love love love the idea of making it in individual squares and freezing for later.

I would say loose bars/cake type texture. We eat it with more milk over top. It does reheat well, but I don't know if you could freeze it in individual bars - you could in individual containers.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

rick - battled some nagging knee (meniscus) stuff for the last couple months. haven't really had any major injuries for a long while, so I just laid off some and eased back. anyway, I may do a marathon on min training in November with some local guys as it's close to home. not a goal race...and no big travel involved which always works for me.

I seem to remember you running that last year as a non-goal race, is that accurate? Something about a finish line floater with 10 feet of air comes to mind...

DavePNW

Added to my recipe software.  Does this come out like regular oatmeal?  Because a couple of reviews referred to it as bars.  I love love love the idea of making it in individual squares and freezing for later.

Ha ha.

I have not made Shari's recipe, but made others; typically it is just a bit firmer than regular cooked oatmeal, but you'd still eat it with a spoon. Directly from the pan, usually.

Dave

LRB

This is what I anticipate. Begin with good intentions, looking through the pantry to make sure you have all the ingredients. Discover you have no baking powder or vanilla extract, doubt starts starts to creep in, but convince yourself to get in the car and head out to the store. On the way you pass by Mickey D's and say fuck it, I'm just having myself a Twix McFlurry for breakfast.

I would just have the stupid thing now, but it's perfect for recovery (and less collateral damage that way) so Imma dream about that bad boy!

I'll have to shop specifically for the oatmeal, like I did those grilled cheese pound cake sandwiches. Smile

Little Blue

Ha ha.

I have not made Shari's recipe, but made others; typically it is just a bit firmer than regular cooked oatmeal, but you'd still eat it with a spoon. Directly from the pan, usually.

But see, I'm the only one here who would eat it.  I'm not sure 9 servings would be a good idea.  If I froze it, I wouldn't eat it every meal until it was gone.  Plus snacks.

The CSA box came today, and has what appear to be Granny Smith apples.  I think I know what their fate will be.

bluerun

Super B****

But see, I'm the only one here who would eat it.  I'm not sure 9 servings would be a good idea.  If I froze it, I wouldn't eat it every meal until it was gone.  Plus snacks.

The CSA box came today, and has what appear to be Granny Smith apples.  I think I know what their fate will be.

I am an expert at scaling down recipes for just that reason. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Ric-G

That was actually earlier this year in ventura, cal.

I was in better condition too...don't know why I'm doing this one...but did that ever really matter?

I seem to remember you running that last year as a non-goal race, is that accurate? Something about a finish line floater with 10 feet of air comes to mind...

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

That was actually earlier this year in ventura, cal.

I was in better condition too...don't know why I'm doing this one...but did that ever really matter?

Nope. Once the seed takes root, it's ova!

Little Blue

I am an expert at scaling down recipes for just that reason. 

I have a really big freezer.

bluerun

Super B****

I have a really big freezer.

Me too, but it's like a black hole... sometimes things go in there and never again see the light of day!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I certainly hope so. It's been a chore running this week.

I have been feeling pretty beat up this week. I may forego Saturday's planned quality session and run easy instead.

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 easy miles at a faster than normal easy pace. Yay fall! Plus did some lower body weights ad core work when I got home.

I do single serving fake-baked oatmeal. I use equal parts egg whites and oats, usually 1/4 cup for a snack size, 1/2 cup each for a meal. Sometimes I do part egg whites and part almond milk, basically as long as it is equal parts liquid to oats, it works. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes or so. Spray a pyrex container with cooking spray. Fill the bottom of the pyrex with fruit of choice and then the oat mixture on top. Microwave until set, usually 2-4 minutes depending on your machine.

onemile

9 miles with 4 miles of 2 minutes moderate effort, 2 minutes easy effort.

I am definitely still feeling Sunday's race.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I almost fell off my unicorn when I saw it was only feels like 87F and 73 dewpoint so I ran my 7 outside. Yay.

Damaris