Beginners and Beyond

Dude Where's The Sundailies?? (Read 52 times)

zzyzx

Walked up the 9 flights to my office, went to change into gym clothes, couldn't find them... walked back to my car only to discover they were in a different part of my bag. So I walked back up the 9 flights...

Elliptical cross country setting, 30 minutes. The machine said 3.3 miles which has to be high but I'll take an error on that side for a change.

Sorry for your loss FS

Eric- Nice weekly mileage

SR freakin D. I'm beat up. It's pouring rain and a great day to relax. Just finished roasting up 6 lbs of coffee...now on the foam roller trying to work some kinks out

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

RunningOnSand

Sorry for your loss FS

Eric- Nice weekly mileage

SR freakin D. I'm beat up. It's pouring rain and a great day to relax. Just finished roasting up 6 lbs of coffee...now on the foam roller trying to work some kinks out

Are the 6lbs for you or are you in biz now?

DavePNW

Results stalking indicates he won himself a pie!  

Indeed. 20:29, about as fast as I could've been. 1st AG for a pie. Also, free beer, but everyone got that.  Also also, should have been 3rd OA if not for a race fuckup. More deets on that later.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Indeed. 20:29, about as fast as I could've been. 1st AG for a pie. Also, free beer, but everyone got that.  Also also, should have been 3rd OA if not for a race fuckup. More deets on that later.

Congrats!

Damaris

oldfartrunner

Well, we got our race done. All I can say is I'm consistent.  2 seconds slower than last year!  1:31:37- Essentially the same pace, but today was better conditions, FWIW. I went out faster today, which was probably my undoing. I mean I took enough poops.

Got 4th overall, 2nd in AG. The impressive finisher (besides my wife)  was the second place male who was only about 45 seconds behind the winner-that was about half his age! He was 57 and ran a 1:24:48!  That is crazy fast for a 57 yo, like a 6:28 pace!

The wife had an almost 3 min PR!  She ran a 2:12:02! So, at least one of us produced.

Not much to say except I died the last 2 miles running a 7:15, 7:10. Sad It was all I had, and that is about what I was probably looking for PR wise- since I got 17 seconds in the 10K two weeks ago. Just tried too hard for 11 miles and ran out of gas.   Oh well, at least I'm not going down hill too much yet.   I'll Just reload and keep plugging along!

oldfartrunner

FS, sorry to hear about your DH's mom.

Yeah, me too Free Soul. Sad

oldfartrunner

Nice job Dave!

oldfartrunner

I ran 5 in the pouring rain and my legs felt great, confirming to myself that I did not race my race yesterday.  I got rained on pretty good, and it's raining even harder now.  It' going to be a great afternoon to sit around the house, watch NFL RedZone, and get the laundry done.  Wife has a brisket in the crock pot for dinner.  Gonna be a good day.

Great result though Baboon!  Way to smoke that guy!

bluerun

Super B****

Congrats!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

Well, we got our race done. All I can say is I'm consistent.  2 seconds slower than last year!  1:31:37- Essentially the same pace, but today was better conditions, FWIW. I went out faster today, which was probably my undoing. I mean I took enough poops.

Got 4th overall, 2nd in AG. The impressive finisher (besides my wife)  was the second place male who was only about 45 seconds behind the winner-that was about half his age! He was 57 and ran a 1:24:48!  That is crazy fast for a 57 yo, like a 6:28 pace!

The wife had an almost 3 min PR!  She ran a 2:12:02! So, at least one of us produced.

Not much to say except I died the last 2 miles running a 7:15, 7:10. Sad It was all I had, and that is about what I was probably looking for PR wise- since I got 17 seconds in the 10K two weeks ago. Just tried too hard for 11 miles and ran out of gas.   Oh well, at least I'm not going down hill too much yet.   I'll Just reload and keep plugging along!

I’d take that time any day!  Congrats on the AG.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

So here's the dealio. This course was an out & back. About a mile or so in, it looks like I'm running 5th OA. Two in front of me are young kids who I figure will burn out. One of them did and I passed him. Another was a woman who I was running about 10m behind for the whole race. I caught & passed her around mile 3. I caught right up to the other kid shortly before the finish, but he saw me & found another gear that I didn't have. So it looked like 3rd OA.

But I see a guy who I know from other races (and usually beats me) already finished, even though I went ahead of him shortly after the start & never saw him after that. (I thought it was especially strange when I didn't see him coming the other way after the turnaround.) He said "you ran too far". Which is weird because I & those in front of me turned around at a pretty clear turnaround point. Later he told me that a guy (must have been pretty shortly after me) turned around early where there was some other kind of sign, started yelling that it was the turnaround, and everyone followed him. Or at least enough people did. IDK. Not sure how you sort that one out in the end, unless you can somehow gather the top finishers and check watches or something. The woman I passed was kind of fretting about it, because she should have been 1st woman, but 2 women who ran short passed her. Those 2 women (mother/daughter) came forward and got it fixed for the announcements. (They only announced top 3 OA M/F.) Looks like they did not fix it in the race results though. I didn't make a big stink about it because no additional prize other than a pie, and obviously a pretty slow field anyway. Although for me, 3OA is a pretty big deal, so left with kind of a bad taste in my mouth.

Meh. In any case my time was about as good as I could've expected, didn't have much more. Every time I run a 5k I am reminded how far off I really am from sub-20. I just can't run <6:30 mpm. I need to stop talking about it.

Results as posted: OA 7/466, AG 1/12.

FTR: pie options were apple & marionberry, I went with the latter.

FTR2: that's 3 of my last 5 races with some kind of timing/distance screwup. FFS people.

Dave

DavePNW

Nice job OFR & Mrs. OFR!

Dave

Cyberic

Dave, nice race! I'll give you third overall because that' what you raced for. It's bad enough when the course is not well measured, having the field not all run the same distance is pretty much the worse thing that can happen in a race.

OFR, nice race.

Xxyzyx (or whatever order for the letters) I hate when that happens. Funny when it happens to someone else, though. Wink

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

OFR, congrats to you both!

Damaris