Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAILIES (Read 38 times)

beer run

Because, BEER.

beer run

It's my first daily. Go easy on me.

LRB

'Sup, crew.

I shall run shortly. In the same temps that has FS doing cartwheels. Maybe I should be doing cartwheels, 'eh?

happylily

Congratulations on your first daily, beer run! You did that like an old pro.

I have 22 miles this afternoon, but first, I'm meeting some potential clients this morning and I'm nervous, as I always am when I have to do this. sigh...

Have a nice Sunday, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

So back in February when I started swimming, my goal was to do a sprint triathlon this summer (basically, the 5K of triathlons). Well I've done six of them now, and tomorrow I do my first Olympic distance tri...

Cool story bro.

Now go kill it!

Little Blue

LRB, I would pay money to watch you do cartwheels.   If I tried, I would have to get the chiropractor standing by.

Off to the rail trail for .. some.  It's 70+64 right now, so I'll do a little jumping up and down with FS.  Don't get many of these days in August.

StepbyStep-SH

SRD. Taking DS to his first sleep-over camp this afternoon, which is great, because it means 48 hours of just DH and I (and work, and mowing the lawn, and ... yeah, that stuff gets in the way), but it is also a bit stressful. Fingers crossed he has a fun time and doesn't get too frustrated or lose his cool over anything.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

cjones1

13m with 2x2 @ HMP.  Tired. This run makes up for all the crap I ate yesterday, but it will also be my excuse for doing it again today.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I might take an RD.  Marathon training starts tomorrow and this head cold is driving me insane.

Damaris

Cyberic

18.95 miles at 7:50 average. My longest run ever (by about 0.1 mile) and my fastest 18+ mile run.

MTA: If the weeks were counted from Monday to Sunday on RA, that would give me a 69.9 miles week!

LRB

Because, BEER.

I ran 10, and my legs were heavy as shit. Maybe I didn't drink enough WINE yesterday.

LRB

MTA: If the weeks were counted from Monday to Sunday on RA, that would give me a 69.9 miles week!

My weeks are counted Monday to Sunday. You control that under settings.

Nice job!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am very agitated right now, hopefully I can enjoy 10-12 miles later this evening.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Little Blue

7, with cartwheels. I didn't even break a sweat until after 1/2 mile!

LRB

A few weeks ago, I came across some running shorts by Russel Athletics at Walmart. Yes, I shop there. They are the only store that sells my brand and flavor of toothpaste FFS.

Anyhoo, they felt extremely light and well made in my hand and at $11.99 I thought what the hell, I would give them a try. Well, I have run in them about five or six times with today's run being the longest and you know what? They work just as well if not better than the shorts I have that cost three or four times as much.

The best part is the panty liner doesn't bunch all the hell up as it does in my Pearl Izumi's, which were $55 a pair.

For running easy you can do a lot worse, and spend a lot more.

So there, go buy a pair, or two. Wear them, and save yourself some coin in the process.