Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies. (Read 18 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

My choice for Friday is shaping up to be this:  run in the morning with steady rain and 54º or run in the afternoon with no rain but 31º feels like 16º.  I'm thinking the morning rain is the better choice.

Here they are saying it will only take an hour or two for anything wet to freeze in the afternoon,  so go early.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hope he feels better!

Thanks!

He tested negative for both, so there is that. Didn't have breakfast or lunch which is not like him.

Damaris

DavePNW

Here they are saying it will only take an hour or two for anything wet to freeze in the afternoon,  so go early.

I was going to say the same thing.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I was going to say the same thing.

I agree with both of you.  Early is better, even if it's wetter. (See that?  I made a rhyme.)

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

DavePNW

I agree with both of you.  Early is better, even if it's wetter. (See that?  I made a rhyme.)

Have you watched The Little Mermaid recently?

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Have you watched The Little Mermaid recently?

I haven't watched it ever.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

total of 5.8 miles on the beach today in two morning runs; one myself and one with DD. Leg workout in between. Was rainy here this morning but beautiful now. Got some beach time and taking it easy the rest of the day. Head home to snow//cold tomorrow.

DavePNW

I haven't watched it ever.

OK well I haven't either, but it contains the song "Under the Sea." I don't really know the lyrics except the chorus goes something like "Darling it's better, down where it's wetter," so my brain immediately went to that.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

OK well I haven't either, but it contains the song "Under the Sea." I don't really know the lyrics except the chorus goes something like "Darling it's better, down where it's wetter," so my brain immediately went to that.

sdWhiskers

OK well I haven't either,

it's one of my favorite Disney movies. For the music mostly. The story is terrible.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think that song even won an Oscar if I remember correctly.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, my race email gets better and better. So it's dangerous to hold the race but drive anyway and pick the packet and medal? And sorry, but Jack's Donuts ain't opening on Friday.

NEXT STEPS
                          But… there will be donuts! Jack’s Donuts has graciously allowed us hold three (3) Packet Pickups times to pick up your goods including your Donut 5K medal, Donut Me stocking hat, official event shirt and race bib with the ‘buy one, get one free’ Jack’s Donuts tag. In addition, if you pick it up in person you will receive one ticket FOR EACH BIBvalid for two free donuts or one dozen free donut holes (fritters are excluded). CRRG Events wants to make sure you get your fill of donuts! The special pick-up tickets are valid through the end of 2022 (12/31/22). We are adding a Thursday pick-up time to help beat the storm.

NOTE: If the forecast continues to worsen and Hamilton County goes into a winter storm warning or level red emergency, there is a chance that Jack’s Donuts may not have their bakers come in on Friday.  Jack's will allow us to still use their location even without donuts.

PACKET PICKUP DETAILS

• Location: Jack’s Donuts of Carmel, 516 E Carmel Drive, Carmel, IN 46032
                          • Dates and times:
                            • Thursday, Dec. 22: 4:00 – 6:00 PM
                            • Friday, Dec. 23: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
                            • Saturday, Dec. 24: 8:00 – 11:00 AM

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

From what I've been hearing, the 55mph gusts (if not a bit higher) will cause the wind to come sideways, which will cause people to not see. In addition, it's going to rain from tonight until 1pm tomorrow after which it will turn to snow and temps will go down from 40F to -4F in 5-8 hours, so they expect ice under the snow. I don't mind running or driving in snow, but FTS. That sounds like a frosty hurricane, ha.

Damaris

DavePNW

^holy shit. I would just hope to be stocked with food, and plan to not leave the house for anything.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Baboon, does the on call mean you get to be that guy sitting and watching a downed power line? And telling people "don't touch".

This is EXACTLY what it is.    Technically I can tell them not to touch it, but I cannot prevent them from touching it.

<3