Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES Are Superfreaks (Read 65 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I just went back to yesterdays thread and saw about Beth's dog and other stuff. Hugs for Beth! Hope the doggie is ok. My family's dog is very sick, it is a terrible feeling.

Damaris I don't understand how people function sans coffee....I cannot!!!! My boyfriend never drinks it and is awake and chipper at 5am I don't get it. Maybe it's a lawyer thing?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Damaris I don't understand how people function sans coffee....I cannot!!!! My boyfriend never drinks it and is awake and chipper at 5am I don't get it. Maybe it's a lawyer thing?

I am pretty juicy with or without caffeine so I can see that.  For me, coffee just taste so freakin good, but sure I could function and function well without it.

@runjerseygirl

Long week.  And it's only Tuesday.  DH's grandmother passed away shortly after I posted in the dailies yesterday.  So I'm off from work this week.  I'm going to use the time he's out making arrangements to get some extra mileage in.

Today: 8 miles @ 9:57 pace

Impromptu long run to burn off some of the shit I've been eating the last few days. For some reason, bereavement in this family means greasy food and lots of alcohol. I'm down with the booze, but my body can't handle any more grease.  Fastest LR pace ever, fueled by gorgeous temps, lots of sunshine, and Florence and the Machine.

Do you even run?

AmiK, brava being so flexible with and kind to yourself.

Dave, those shoes look cool.

K L Duke, good luck tapering.

jedigunnie26.2, excellent 8.2 this morning. Good luck on Saturday!

Rick, I'm happy that you enjoyed your run.

Gustav, I'm glad that your tempo run went well. Enjoy your easy four tonight.

Zelanie, have an amazing time running the nine with 5x1200.

alexis_run_nky, oy, I hope that you hear good news soon. A speedy and complete recovery to you.

Shari, enjoy your well-earned SRD.

Phil, either job sounds cool.

Tom, have fun on the TM.

Ric-G, nice pre-work run.

MarjorieAnn3137, beautiful 11.1 this morning.

scottydawg, enjoy your three-miler.

(((Kay, Kay's DH, and family))) great long run today.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Welcome home, Basya!   Hope you don't have a lot of jet-lag after that long flight!

Good luck with the workout and the weather, Sparker!  I saw on the Weather Channel the predictions for Chicago area are 5 to 8 inches of  snow, yikes!

Just what does constitute a 'frigid' temp in Florida, flarunner?  Is it like here in San Antonio?  Below 50?  That's when we start breaking out our 'winter' gear, lol.

Good luck with the 11 miles, Damaris!  AFM, I prefer 80 over 50!

Sorry about the cold, Lily, hope you feel better.   Good luck with the 12, don't push it and make your immune system more vulnerable.

Good luck with the PT, Phil, and hope they let you ditch the brace.  Maybe ask for a cane temporarily until you can get to where you don't limp anymore.  As for volunteering, well, you certainly don't want to be a course marshal with your leg, that job is a lot of standing.  Registration is probably it for you for now, since you probably can't be on your feet a lot right now.     Unless they will let you help with the race timing..then you get to sit at the computer near the finish line.

Sorry about the lack of sleep, Bruce.  Powernap at work, be ready for the afternoon run. Wink  Good luck with all that snow, stay safe!

Sounds like a plan, Kristin!  Good luck with the PT tonite, and congrats on your weight loss progress.

Nice running, Dave!

Dang, that is a lot of hours, AmiK!  I don't see how you can even go out and run after all those hours, very impressive!  Good luck with your upcoming 10K.

Good luck with the tapering, Duke!  I got no advice, since I don't do long runs anymore.  I'm sure the others here will have some good tips for you.

Nice running, Jedi.  Hope the weather behaves for you!

Congrats on your speed-work session, Gustav!  Glad it felt great for you.

Good luck with your run tonite, Z!  Impresses me you can run 9 miles on a track without going nutso!  Just 2 laps for me and I'm outta there, lol, I have to divert off the track and hit the streets or trails.

Alexis, so sorry you are having shin problems, and your plans for the half are now nil.  Hope the doc can get you back on track.  You sure it is stress fracture?  Ask your doc about 'compartment syndrome".. he/she can test for that too.

Enjoy the rest day, Step!   All these snow days have to be made up, correct?  So your son does realize he might be in school until...July....right?  Wink  Mmm...muffins and cookies!   I can smell them baking already...  Big grin

Dang, Tom!  Send that rain Texas way!  We need it badly!  Hope your upcoming 15K goes great for you!

Congrats on your run, Ric.  You are speedy!

Dang, LRB, you are way speedy!  19 minutes is about my just-under 2 miles time, lol.  Congrats on the 10 miles total!  Glad you did not feel cold.

Congrats on your 11 POINT ONE, Marjorie!  Big grin  Hey, you have a non-coffeemate in me. Can't stand the taste or the smell of the stuff. When Gail and I go shopping together on occasion and she makes a stop at a Starbucks, I wait for her outside the store, lol...and about 2 blocks away from it, uggg, that overwhelmingly nauseating coffee smell from there!   When I was in the Air Force, I made a lot of in in my first job, gallons and gallons of it for aircrews...I think that served as 'aversion therapy' for me, lol.   I do drink tea once in a while though.

Awww, Kay, so sorry for your family loss. Wishing you and DH peace and comfort.  Congrats on getting some miles in today.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If not, I've had dinner and drinks with a vampire...twice.

Nah, there are many people who do not drink coffee.  The only unwritten requirement for the dailies is that you have a pulse...you do have one of those don't you lol!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Why are you singling me for the no coffee?  I drink coffee!  Iced, with caramel, soymilk, and from Starbucks, but coffee!

Sorta.  My Puerto Rican family will disown me now....

Having said that, I am hyper with or without coffee.  You be warned.

I just went back to yesterdays thread and saw about Beth's dog and other stuff. Hugs for Beth! Hope the doggie is ok. My family's dog is very sick, it is a terrible feeling.

Damaris

Luke79

3.18 @ 8:37.  Feeling good.  I have until May 4th to get down to a 23:59 5k, and I will dammit.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

So I decided to take it easy today, thinking I may even just take a RD.  Instead, I ended up with 14.2 miles.  I just told myself that if anything hurt I'd stop, and I wouldn't press the pace.  I felt good, so I'm happy to get the miles in, especially since we may have a bit of a snowfall coming.

LRB...Great work on that sub-20 speed.  You definitely have the pace for it, so as long as you keep building your endurance I can see you reaching it pretty darn quickly.

Kristin101...I've never even tasted coffee in my life, so count me as another odd one.

KayPS...I saw your other thread....holy finger batman!  The food looked great though.  Sorry to hear about your family's loss.

Luke...Glad you had a good run.  I'm think I'm kinda confused as to whether or not you're the same Luke though, with the new avatar and all.

Have a good day everybody!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Luke79

Yep, same Luke

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Damaris- apologies, just went back and looked....it was marjorie who said she doesn't drink coffee for some reason I thought it was you....I will blame it on how hard it is to read things on my smartphone.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Of course, vampires so not drink coffee so it makes sense she wouldn't Wink

Damaris- apologies, just went back and looked....it was marjorie who said she doesn't drink coffee for some reason I thought it was you....I will blame it on how hard it is to read things on my smartphone.

Damaris

delicate flower

Good luck with the PT, Phil, and hope they let you ditch the brace.  Maybe ask for a cane temporarily until you can get to where you don't limp anymore.  As for volunteering, well, you certainly don't want to be a course marshal with your leg, that job is a lot of standing.  Registration is probably it for you for now, since you probably can't be on your feet a lot right now.     Unless they will let you help with the race timing..then you get to sit at the computer near the finish line.

Well the race is in four weeks and I should be fairly mobile by then (maybe even biking).  I'd rather be out of the course rather than sitting at a table.  I get too excited and have a hard time sitting still.

PT went great again today!  PT Girl told me I can ditch the brace entirely provided I promise to wear it if I go out and the weather is lousy.  Deal!  Boy am I glad to be rid of that thing.  Hopefully I won't need it for a THIRD ACL repair.  Surprised   My bend is at 130 degrees and I am progressing nicely.  I was going to pedal the recumbent bike but they trashed my legs at PT and now I am achy.  Good stuff.

<3

outoftheblue

Got in 5.3 miles yesterday.  Today, it was housecleaning, plus I moved part of the woodstack into the garage to keep it dry as it looks like we are in for a week of rainy weather.   Later today will hit hte gym for some elliptical, weights and core workout.

Basya -- Welcome back home!  I'm glad you had such a nice trip and marathon.

Baboon -- I'm glad to hear that your PT and rehab is going so well.

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great news!

Well the race is in four weeks and I should be fairly mobile by then (maybe even biking).  I'd rather be out of the course rather than sitting at a table.  I get too excited and have a hard time sitting still.

PT went great again today!  PT Girl told me I can ditch the brace entirely provided I promise to wear it if I go out and the weather is lousy.  Deal!  Boy am I glad to be rid of that thing.  Hopefully I won't need it for a THIRD ACL repair.  Surprised   My bend is at 130 degrees and I am progressing nicely.  I was going to pedal the recumbent bike but they trashed my legs at PT and now I am achy.  Good stuff.

Damaris