Beginners and Beyond

Busy racing SunDAILIES (Read 50 times)

LRB

I had way too big of a kick again. 3:48 for the final 1.1k. Maybe I should have listened to everyone who told me to target 80.

Not sure I would be too critical of your decision. Hindsight is always 20/20, but that's a helluva finish time nonetheless.

LRB

PR city, sons! Big grin I'ma go home and have a shower beer and then write this thing up.

Excellent. The comeback is complete!

bluerun

Super B****

Congrats!! I NEED TO KNOW BY HOW MUCH.

For me: 1:39:51. PR by 0.7 seconds. For real.

.7??  Did they give you THAT detailed of a result?!  But hey, congrats on the PR!

Mine was 1:39:08 -- PR by 2:42 (I'm bad at math, but my old PR was 1:41:51, if you don't trust me)... if I had run eight seconds faster, it would have been exactly ten minutes faster than last year's Staten Island Half.  (Which wasn't exactly the same course... this one was much, MUCH crueler.  SADISTS.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Congrats!! I NEED TO KNOW BY HOW MUCH.

For me: 1:39:51. PR by 0.7 seconds. For real.

That's pretty damn impressive. Congrats!

Runner with a riding problem.

B-Plus

Not sure I would be too critical of your decision. Hindsight is always 20/20, but that's a helluva finish time nonetheless.

Not at all. Just optimistic about my potential.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Congrats blue!

I'm waiting for the timing website to be updated FFS. 1:21:21 unofficially. I seriously need to put on some weight ASAP. It won't be hard haha.

Congrats!  If we were racing, and I was running 15k, and you were running 13.1 miles, I'd still need roughly a 90 second headstart -  Just to make it close.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

PR city, sons! Big grin I'ma go home and have a shower beer and then write this thing up.

Sweet! Have 2 beers, and feel free to use all the hot water.

DavePNW

.7??  Did they give you THAT detailed of a result?!  But hey, congrats on the PR!

Mine was 1:39:08 -- PR by 2:42 (I'm bad at math, but my old PR was 1:41:51, if you don't trust me)... if I had run eight seconds faster, it would have been exactly ten minutes faster than last year's Staten Island Half.  (Which wasn't exactly the same course... this one was much, MUCH crueler.  SADISTS.)

My race last fall gave results in tenths - 1:39:51.7. This one did not - just 1:39:51. So really who knows. Anyway, either way you smoked me, so well done. Now go beat my 5k PR. It is amazing how much speed you've gained just this year.

Dave

LRB

Not at all. Just optimistic about my potential.

Yes, smoking race courses like cigarettes. Cool

bluerun

Super B****

My race last fall gave results in tenths - 1:39:51.7. This one did not - just 1:39:51. So really who knows. Anyway, either way you smoked me, so well done. Now go beat my 5k PR. It is amazing how much speed you've gained just this year.

Technically, 1:39:51.7 would round up to 1:39:52.  I say you can claim the full second. 

I will try to beat your 5K PR next week... I just need my foot to stop hurting first!  Actually, I won't be trying to beat your 5K PR, I'll be trying to beat mine.

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

How did the legs feel?

They were fine, physically I felt pretty much recovered. There was not really anything preventing me from running faster, other than not being fast enough.

Dave

hog4life

Congratulations to all the racers today!

RD with lots of packing as we plan to leave early in the morning. Me and the wife signed up for the 5k on Saturday. Should be mostly walking and enjoying the northern air.

DavePNW

I won't be trying to beat your 5K PR, I'll be trying to beat mine.

My PR will just be collateral damage. 

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Race souvenir... because pfft, who needs medals!  (I hope you're not eating right now.  Sorry.)

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

^wtf is that?

Baboon: I saw someone today with the solution to your blister issues. A woman running towards the finish wearing one shoe, with the other in her hand.

Dave