Beginners and Beyond

Busy racing SunDAILIES (Read 50 times)

delicate flower

My race last fall gave results in tenths - 1:39:51.7. This one did not - just 1:39:51. So really who knows. Anyway, either way you smoked me, so well done. Now go beat my 5k PR. It is amazing how much speed you've gained just this year.

Congrats on smashing your PR!!  Better though that you felt good.  Commence marathon training.

I took the tri bike out for a 20 mile marathon recovery/Ironman training commencement ride with the DW.  16.1 mph at a very easy effort, which I suppose is pretty good the day after a marathon.  Feeling a little more comfortable on that bike but still have a ways to go.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

^wtf is that?

Baboon: I saw someone today with the solution to your blister issues. A woman running towards the finish wearing one shoe, with the other in her hand.

A blister. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Race souvenir... because pfft, who needs medals!  (I hope you're not eating right now.  Sorry.)

What in the hell is that??

DavePNW

Congrats on smashing your PR!!  Better though that you felt good.  Commence marathon training.

Thanks, but .

Dave

LRB

A blister. 

Oh! I thought it was a swollen knee.

DavePNW

A blister. 

Ok well then I guess you could've used the same technique. I just thought the pic was one of those brain teasers, like "which part of the anatomy is this?"

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Oh! I thought it was a swollen knee.

Ok well then I guess you could've used the same technique. I just thought the pic was one of those brain teasers, like "which part of the anatomy is this?"

You should be thanking me for cropping my toes out of the shot!!

And I had no time to stop and take off my shoe.  Not to mention, once I stopped running, I'd never be able to start again because OMFG MY FOOT HURTS.  (Not this one, the other one.)

chasing the impossible

LRB

You should be thanking me for cropping my toes out of the shot!!

And I had no time to stop and take off my shoe.  Not to mention, once I stopped running, I'd never be able to start again because OMFG MY FOOT HURTS.  (Not this one, the other one.)

It doesn't look like a toe. And upon further examination, there is what appears to be the silhouette of a runner in the blister.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, racers!

Have I told you I have apparently forgotten how to race without puking?  Even on a marathon I ran at easy pace?  Anyway, I sucked. It was hot, windy, and sunny enough to burn my skin. I did squeeze a 7 minute course PR so FFS, there is that

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

It doesn't look like a toe. And upon further examination, there is what appears to be the silhouette of a runner in the blister.

It's not a toe -- it's the side of the ball of the foot.  The big toe would be on the left side of the picture, if I hadn't taken pity on you and cropped it.

Draining that was fun. 

chasing the impossible

onemile

They were fine, physically I felt pretty much recovered. There was not really anything preventing me from running faster, other than not being fast enough.

Except, it looks like you ran the second half faster than the first...

DavePNW

Except, it looks like you ran the second half faster than the first...

I tend to do that in races that are not marathons. For better or worse.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

How can that possibly be worse?  I am envious of your splits.

chasing the impossible

LRB

You have to feel good about yourself, even as you are loath to. lol

outoftheblue

Race souvenir... because pfft, who needs medals!  (I hope you're not eating right now.  Sorry.)

If you had just posted this and asked to "guess the body part" you would have gotten some interesting answers.  But, ouch on the blister.

Life is good.