Beginners and Beyond

SATURDAILIES rise and shine and rainbows and unicorns! (Read 34 times)

LRB

No one wants to eat crotch vegetables.

I use this contraption with two ice packs - one on the groin, one on the outside of the hip (greater trochanter).

Wow, interesting.  It looks as if it would work well?  And thanks to your link I saw that I have three items in my cart at Amazon.  lol

happylily

I think I've spent too much time lurking in L&O and seeing the language there. Sorry!

LRB - The problem with any race is that it would mean time to travel and needing someone to watch my son, and I just don't have that available this fall.

Shari, couldn't you invite a girlfriend to come along? You could pay for gaz and the hotel room (you'd have to pay that if you went on your own anyway) and she could look after Kevin during the race. The rest of the time can be spent doing some touristy time with your son and your friend. I don't need a babysitter anymore, but I need someone to hold my hand before a race and SO is not always able to come. So I offer to pay for the hotel room, and sometimes the plane if I have enough points, and I invite my sister or my SIL. They pay for their meals. We have great girls weekends like this.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

I wrote gaz the French way. Sorry. I meant gas. 

StepbyStep-SH

Shari, couldn't you invite a girlfriend to come along? You could pay for gaz and the hotel room (you'd have to pay that if you went on your own anyway) and she could look after Kevin during the race. The rest of the time can be spent doing some touristy time with your son and your friend. I don't need a babysitter anymore, but I need someone to hold my hand before a race and SO is not always able to come. So I offer to pay for the hotel room, and sometimes the plane if I have enough points, and I invite my sister or my SIL. They pay for their meals. We have great girls weekends like this.

The problem with that is that most of my friends have multiple kiddos of their own and are either single moms or hunting widows in the fall.

It's all OK - there will be plenty of years to race. This just isn't the one.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

The problem with that is that most of my friends have multiple kiddos of their own and are either single moms or hunting widows in the fall.

It's all OK - there will be plenty of years to race. This just isn't the one.

You are quite right. At your age, I had never even run more than two consecutive miles. You have plenty of time ahead of you for races.

runninggirl30

Got to run surrounded by different scenery today.  I took all the kiddos to my mom's and ran in her neck of the woods.  It was fun and felt like a little adventure :-)

Lily:  it's been probably at least a year.   It was about the time that RWOL went all screwy and everyone started coming here.  I don't remember exactly when that was.  Good to be back on the scene again though!!

happylily

Got to run surrounded by different scenery today.  I took all the kiddos to my mom's and ran in her neck of the woods.  It was fun and felt like a little adventure :-)

Lily:  it's been probably at least a year.   It was about the time that RWOL went all screwy and everyone started coming here.  I don't remember exactly when that was.  Good to be back on the scene again though!!

It's nice to have you back here.  I bet your kids and your mom enjoyed their time together while you were out running. Healthy and happy times for all. I'll be babysitting my own baby granddaughter tomorrow, after my 20 miler. I can't wait to see her again. I'm so glad I'm over that nasty cold. I wouldn't want my little ladybug to get sick like I did. 

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Got home well after midnight. Lucky we are now out of the worst of the heat as I couldn't get up at 5 after getting to bed after 1. So,. We went to puppy pool then I came home and ran 10.2.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

She swears like a mother fucker, while I only swear. 

You, motherfucker!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We are back in the high 90s. I suspect a late run today.

Just watched A Walk Among the Tombstones. Good movie.

Damaris

LRB

You, motherfucker!

I swear, fuck.

Baboon

delicate flower

We are back in the high 90s. I suspect a late run today.

My singlets, lightest running shorts, and handheld are packed for my runs next week.  My knuckle lights, too.  What's with the 7:30 sunrise down there?

<3

DavePNW

My singlets, lightest running booty shorts, and handheld are packed for my runs next week.  My knuckle lights, too.  What's with the 7:30 sunrise down there?

Fixed.

Dave

LRB

lol

happylily

lol