Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES are busy cheering Baboon and the Mrs (Read 37 times)

Cyberic

No dailies yet? I know, stalking Baboon is time consuming

Cyberic

Got my long run done. 18.7. Felt the humidity as soon as I stepped out of the door. Nice cloud cover, though, thankfully. Took a couple of short breaks.

Ran in my marathon shoes, socks, shorts and singlet. Took 4 GUs. That's as close to a dress rehearsal as I'm gonna go.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. Woke up to watch a bit of the men's marathon and now meeting friends for breakfast before heading back home. 8 with 5 X 800m for me tonight.

Damaris

LRB

'Sup.

I was out the door at 8:00 am for a track session, which is later than I wanted but much earlier than normal for a weekend run from my door. Jenny was a sweetheart and sent a nice cool breeze that made the workout bearable despite the beaming sun. The difference in conditions from yesterday were like night and day.

4 x 200 (41, 43, 42, 39)

4 x 400 (1:23, 1:27, 1:24, 1:24)

4 x 200 (39, 37, 39, 39)

9.5 miles total.

Cyberic

'Sup.

I was out the door at 8:00 am for a track session, which is later than I wanted but much earlier than normal for a weekend run from my door. Jenny was a sweetheart and sent a nice cool breeze that made the workout bearable despite the beaming sun. The difference in conditions from yesterday were like night and day.

4 x 200 (41, 43, 42, 39)

4 x 400 (1:23, 1:27, 1:24, 1:24)

4 x 200 (39, 37, 39, 39)

9.5 miles total.

Nice splits!

LRB

Nice splits!

I paced myself really well today, not fading within the lap as has been the case. Of course the heat has a lot to do with that too.

Cyberic

I paced myself really well today, not fading within the lap as has been the case. Of course the heat has a lot to do with that too.

Nice. You think you'll gain some speed in the next 8-10 weeks or so? Those splits of yours are about as fast as a bit faster than I can go on a good day. But you were faster than that a couple of years ago. Think you can some of it back in such little time?

It's nice to see you post workouts like that!

Fixed my own post

Brilliant

Good morning!

My run didn't go as planned this morning.  When I turned the corner out of my neighborhood, the shopping cart that has been there for 4-5 days was still there...it annoys me every time I drive by, and I kept thinking I'd toss it in my husband's truck and return it, or call the store to tell them to come get it.  Well there was nothing for it this morning but to take it into my hands and run a mile & 1/2 to the store pushing a shopping cart.    I felt a little ridiculous but luckily there wasn't a lot of traffic to observe me and the cart is at its home now.  Anyway I did a total of 5.4 easy but hilly miles this morning.

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 total. 5 x 5 minutes HM pace effort. Started raining towards the end, wouldn't even know, I was totally soaked anyway.

LRB

Nice. You think you'll gain some speed in the next 8-10 weeks or so? Those splits of yours are about as fast as a bit faster than I can go on a good day. But you were faster than that a couple of years ago. Think you can some of it back in such little time?

It's nice to see you post workouts like that!

Fixed my own post

I am really just focusing on effort right now, because nothing can be concluded during the summer months. Conditions play such a huge role in things.

You're barreling towards the big taper soon, that has to be a relief!

Cyberic

Good morning!

My run didn't go as planned this morning.  When I turned the corner out of my neighborhood, the shopping cart that has been there for 4-5 days was still there...it annoys me every time I drive by, and I kept thinking I'd toss it in my husband's truck and return it, or call the store to tell them to come get it.  Well there was nothing for it this morning but to take it into my hands and run a mile & 1/2 to the store pushing a shopping cart.    I felt a little ridiculous but luckily there wasn't a lot of traffic to observe me and the cart is at its home now.  Anyway I did a total of 5.4 easy but hilly miles this morning.

A concerned citizen. We need more of you. The world would be a better place.

LRB

Good morning!

You crack me the hell up! lmao

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Today I've got nothing. Might battle the sheep at the grocery store.

Good luck racers

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Cyberic

8 total. 5 x 5 minutes HM pace effort. Started raining towards the end, wouldn't even know, I was totally soaked anyway.

Was the rain a little refreshing, at least?

Cyberic

I am really just focusing on effort right now, because nothing can be concluded during the summer months. Conditions play such a huge role in things.

You're barreling towards the big taper soon, that has to be a relief!

Yeah, the weeks keep getting tougher and tougher. Taper is going to be welcome, although Hansons plans keep workouts up until 10 days before the race. But cooler temps are gonne be welcome even more so. Today's run would have felt much easier in 10 degrees less and less humidity.