Beginners and Beyond

It's the MONDAILIES. (Read 43 times)

Zelanie

Morning, guys!  Phil, we're all like "wheeeee, springtime" and running races. Smile

Basya- Sounds about like my lunches.  I should swap out the beans for something new like adzuki beans.  I usually go with boring black beans.

I have a fundraiser dine-out with DD, then am hoping to get in some miles after that.  That will encourage me not to eat too much, right?

LRB

LRB -- I saw in the 2014in2014 game you are on IR. 

Am I? I never asked to be. I have not conceded anything regarding this issue yet. In fact I am looking at an increase (albeit slight) this week.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good morning.  I'm off to see my massage therapist again this morning.  Hopefully she can figure out what is going on with my stupid foot.

Step -- What a great picture of your son in yesterday's dailies.

LRB -- I saw in the 2014in2014 game you are on IR.  I missed a couple of days on the dailies, but I thought you were back running again.  Hope everything with your shin is OK.

Wouldn't that be the 2015in2015 game?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Am I? I never asked to be. I have not conceded anything regarding this issue yet. In fact I am looking at an increase (albeit slight) this week.

Then, shouldn't you be off the IR list?  Eh?

Damaris

happylily

8.5 miles very early this morning in Amsterdam, about 8:19 pace. Then I spent the rest of the morning and afternoon in Holten's Canadian military cemetery, honoring fallen Canadian soldiers who fought to liberate Holland in 1945. 4000 of us there, including the Canadian Prime Minister and some members of the Dutch royalty. It was a very moving ceremony. I met a 90 year old WWII veteran from my area who had been invited to speak to the crowd. I asked if I could have my picture taken with him. He was really happy to oblige. I told him how proud we were of him, the poor man almost started crying. I'm now in Nijmegen, trying to locate a large park for tomorrow's morning run. The Dutch people are extraordinary and Amsterdam is beautiful.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Baboon

delicate flower

QUESTION:  What is your opinion on running an all out effort HM three weeks before a goal marathon?  The HM I want to run is Sept 19.  The marathon is Oct 10.  Is the HM too close to the marathon?  Usually I do a HM 5-6 weeks out.  I don't want the HM to negatively impact my marathon.  Marathon marathon marathon.

<3

LRB

8.5 miles very early this morning in Amsterdam, about 8:19 pace. Then I spent the rest of the morning and afternoon in Holten's Canadian military cemetery, honoring fallen Canadian soldiers who fought to liberate Holland in 1945. 4000 of us there, including the Canadian Prime Minister and some members of the Dutch royalty. It was a very moving ceremony. I met a 90 year old WWII veteran from my area who had been invited to speak to the crowd. I asked if I could have my picture taken with him. He was really happy to oblige. I told him how proud we were of him, the poor man almost started crying. I'm now in Nijmegen, trying to locate a large park for tomorrow's morning run. The Dutch people are extraordinary and Amsterdam is beautiful.

You keep interesting company, are you like famous? 

happylily

You keep interesting company, are you like famous? 

I don't care about being famous in real life. I just want to be virtually famous. Like virtually everyone in the world.

LRB

I don't care about being famous in real life. I just want to be virtually famous. Like virtually everyone in the world.

lol

You go to the red light district? Smoke any weed? Get a bad case of the munchies?  

happylily

lol

You go to the red light district? Smoke any weed? Get a bad case of the munchies?  

Haven't smoked anything yet, but I saw two ladies in a window. That prompted one of my friends to say that seeing what the ladies looked like, we must have been in the off off off Broadway area. That was mean.  In reality, all Dutch are pretty much very attractive and healthy people. Many runners with me at 6:30 am in the park. And there is a parking garage in the heart of Amsterdam which parks 5000 bikes on a daily basis! Everyone cycles to work, here, young and old alike.

workinprogress11

QUESTION:  What is your opinion on running an all out effort HM three weeks before a goal marathon?  The HM I want to run is Sept 19.  The marathon is Oct 10.  Is the HM too close to the marathon?  Usually I do a HM 5-6 weeks out.  I don't want the HM to negatively impact my marathon.  Marathon marathon marathon.

That would mess up the marathon for me, but I'm old.

cjones1

Having never run a marathon, I feel obliged to offer my opinion.  Smile

That seems too close to me, but maybe I'm jaded based on how I feel 10 days removed from my HM.  I saw your question, and imagined myself running just another all out HM (let alone a full) in another 10 days, and then I went lololololoollahahahahaahha.  You're so close to that BQ.  I would hate if you missed it because you weren't in peak shape.  Then again, judging by your training, you'd probably be fine.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

DavePNW

That would mess up the marathon for me, but I'm old.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good question. I am considering the same.

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I've raced anywhere from 12M to 30K from 2-5 weeks out. I don't think it has ever adversely affected my marathon. The biggest factor affecting my marathons has always been the pacing on race day.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.