Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies for the 20th (Read 29 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Apparently it is so hot in Phoenix (122 degrees) that some flights have been grounded. I wonder if that has ever happened in Miami.

We don't ground for hot weather as the hottest heat index we get is 112F (we don't get that hot), BUT I have been in planes on the tarmac when it's above 100F and it's horrible.  The plane never got cooled on the 2 hour flight to ATL.  I don't want to repeat that.  The plane felt like it was inside an oven the whole trip.  I can understand why they would ground the flights.  The tires might melt.  LOL.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Went ahead and got a massage today.  Worth it.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

Evidently some planes can't fly over 118 degrees because the air is less dense so they need more room to take off. Definitely unusual though.

bluerun

Super B****

I slept HARD last night -- 11:30 to 7:30 without waking up once.  Not so shocking, given that I'd had eight hours total in the previous three days.  And then I went back to sleep for another hour and a half.  Still exhausted.

The reason I was able to do that is because I took off work for an appointment that was canceled, so instead I rode 20 miles on the trainer, ran 5 on the AlterG, and registered for tomorrow's 5K race even though my knee is still being all numb and weird.

And THEN I got a massage, which is setting off an experiment: I think racer back sports bras are the reason why my neck has been killing me so bad lately.  Now that all the kinks are worked out, I'll stay away from those for a couple of weeks and see if it makes a difference.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I slept HARD last night -- 11:30 to 7:30 without waking up once.

Okay, THAT'S impressive!

LRB

The reason I was able to do that is because I took off work for an appointment that was canceled, so instead I rode 20 miles on the trainer, ran 5 on the AlterG, and registered for tomorrow's 5K race even though my knee is still being all numb and weird.

Annnd, you got paid to do it all.

DavePNW

Okay, THAT'S impressive!

+1.

I did not sleep well last night, and I have been So. Freaking. Tired. I have been wanting to find a place to lie down and take a nap all day.

In general though, I have actually been sleeping well for the last several months, in a change of pace for me. I am attributing it to the allergy meds I started taking. I think typically allergies were what always woke me up in the middle of the night.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Count me in with the lack of sleepers.

4 miles done.

Damaris

DavePNW

And THEN I got a massage, which is setting off an experiment: I think racer back sports bras are the reason why my neck has been killing me so bad lately.  Now that all the kinks are worked out, I'll stay away from those for a couple of weeks and see if it makes a difference.

Is this really a thing? It seems an unlikely connection, although of course I have zero knowledge of such things.

Dave

LRB

Is this really a thing? It seems an unlikely connection, although of course I have zero knowledge of such things.

Deductive reasoning? When all else fails, whatever is left, no matter how improbable, must be the truth?

DavePNW

Deductive reasoning? When all else fails, whatever is left, no matter how improbable, must be the truth?

Is this like a Dr. House differential diagnosis?

Dave

LRB

Is this like a Dr. House differential diagnosis?

lol

bluerun

Super B****

Apparently it is... I thought I was crazy and that there couldn't possibly be a connection, but Google tells me it can cause neck pain if the strap puts pressure on the cervical nerve.  I guess we'll find out!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I can attest that certain bras and stuff we women have to wear can screw up the neck area.  So, hoping it helps!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 easy miles. Legs were protesting from yesterday's strength training.

If you watched Two and  Half Men, you would know the issues women face.