Beginners and Beyond

Soaked Saturdailies (Read 22 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I hear there's been a little rain in NY and New England. Hope it hasn't impacted anyone's running.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
          06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Baboon

delicate flower

I hear there's been a little rain in NY and New England. Hope it hasn't impacted anyone's running.

Yeah mang, we got four inches of rain in the past 24 hours and we don't need any of it.  My running is impacted in that I'm doing the grocery shopping now and will run later this afternoon when the rain is supposed to stop, which is the opposite order of what I'd normally do.  Wife is out running now though since she has a bigger set of balls than me.

<3

Workday rest day, just waiting for tomorrow off day run day

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 10 later.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

There was a strange yellow ball in the sky today.

5 miles for me today

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Some remarkable images of flooding coming out of New York today.  We're just 25 miles west but though we had some heavy rain, we had nothing compared to what fell in the City.  Such a small distance can make a big difference.

I ran 8 today and after setting a new monthly mileage record in August, I went and beat that mark with 237.4 this month.

Also, Dad's had his gall bladder removed, but is still in the hospital, so I'll be going for a visit later.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Scotch Plains 5k, 6/12; Firecracker 4-miler, 7/4

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sigh, I am excepted, which means I have to report Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. And I hope that is it. I hate going in person every day. And without pay, so lovely.

The scenes from NY on that floor are bad.

Fred, thanks for update. Glad he is doing OK.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Still gray. Saw the sun very briefly. 3.7 with some strides.

Fred, yea, with the srorms, it can be such as range. There were some really strong thunderstorms with hail 5 miles away and we got nothing.

Docket, ugh. I really hope they can figure this out. If nothing else, there needs to be a bill passed (ha!) that the assholes in Congress do not get pay during the shut down.

sdWhiskers

12 miles, was supposed to be 16. And with that, I think I pull the plug on marathon training. It's been several months and I just don't have the energy to run more than 10 miles. Fueling, more sleep, cooler weather...nothing has helped. I'll be looking to transfer my CIM bib, if anyone here knows someone looking.

And now, I'm heading to a middle school track meet! Kid's good friend is on the team and Kid wants to check it out to see if its something he'll want to do next year (he's in 5th, middle school is 6-8 here). They have long jump as the only field event and then 100, 200, 400, 800 and 4x400.

DavePNW

Stay dry everyone! Or not!

Fred, congrats on the mileage PB!

Whiskers—ugh. Sorry to hear that. Can’t recall if you’ve explored the possibility of low iron? I can put out an message to my running group on the bib transfer. Although I know the transfer period doesn’t start till 10/30, so maybe not right away.

I ran 15 miles with the group on a nice dry, cool, overcast morning. Finished September at 210, which is pretty good for me for a month that includes a marathon taper & recovery. Also went over 2000 for the year today.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

12 miles, was supposed to be 16. And with that, I think I pull the plug on marathon training. It's been several months and I just don't have the energy to run more than 10 miles. Fueling, more sleep, cooler weather...nothing has helped. I'll be looking to transfer my CIM bib, if anyone here knows someone looking.

That sucks. So took a quick glance at your log, have you tried dropping to 5 days? I found that I just could not recover between runs when I was doing 6 days. About the only way I can do a 6th day is when it is really easy, less than 30 minutes and doesn't really increase my weekly mileage. There's definitely some polarizing info out there about running (really any endurance work) and women as they get a bit older (yea, it sucks, hate all the certain age or whatever crap term is used). I try to emphasize quality over quantity. If it means the easy run aftere workout is 30 minutes and not even 3 miles, it is what it is.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm sorry SD. Hope you can figure out what ails you. I forgot how young you are, but that's how I started feeling when I went into Peri.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

And now, I'm heading to a middle school track meet! Kid's good friend is on the team and Kid wants to check it out to see if its something he'll want to do next year (he's in 5th, middle school is 6-8 here). They have long jump as the only field event and then 100, 200, 400, 800 and 4x400.

I'm sorry to read that you'll have to take a pass on the marathon.  I hope you're able to find a solution to the energy issue (or adapt to the new way of things if this is just what it's going to be).

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Scotch Plains 5k, 6/12; Firecracker 4-miler, 7/4

sdWhiskers

Whiskers—ugh. Sorry to hear that. Can’t recall if you’ve explored the possibility of low iron? I can put out an message to my running group on the bib transfer. Although I know the transfer period doesn’t start till 10/30, so maybe not right away.

A year ago I was actually dealing with iron that was too high. I stopped supplementing and donated blood to get it lower. It's a good reminder to check it though.

sdWhiskers

I'm sorry SD. Hope you can figure out what ails you. I forgot how young you are, but that's how I started feeling when I went into Peri.

I'm barely into my 40s! I really feel like it's hormone related though. Like clockwork, every month on the day before my period, I feel Great! Like could run all day, super strong. But one day out of 30 is not enough