Beginners and Beyond

Martin Monday Dailies (Read 21 times)

Regular workday…. 3 on side walk hills… that up from 2.5s last week.  Swim tomorrow

odd, I can’t shake “it’s Sunday” feeling…. It’s not Sunday but feels like Sunday morning

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Holiday for me. RD.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Holiday for me too, so I can wait for the afternoon warmth to run.

Upcoming

01/21 Frederick - Winter Trail Series #4 10k

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Day off for me, but not for DW. Got off to a rough start though. I could not fall asleep last night till nearly midnight. Then I was awakened around 3:00 to the sound of the dog puking. Got up to clean that up, could not get back to sleep for a long time, then before I knew it DW’s alarm was going off at 5:30. 

Anyway, it’s not completely a day off since I have to fly to Las Vegas for a company sales meeting over the next 3 days. My flight’s not till 5:30, so I still have most of the day, in which I will be doing nothing. Except going for a run at some point.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 miles with parking lot loops. 4 x 3, 4x2, 4x1 and 4x1/2.Stayed up too late watching the Ravens lose.

DavePNW, enjoy Vegas. I'm jealous.

sdWhiskers

3 miles between bands of another storm. Body feels pretty creaky this morning. Then 20 min Peloton strength.

Also day off for the whole family.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

6 miles for me today.  PT says lay off the speed work for another week, so I will.

10 miles.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Hour on the bike, nice and easy this morning and 3.2 miles on the treadmill this afternoon. Work holiday so it was nice to double up and still be ready for dinner at 6:30!

Dave - have fun in Vegas! One of my favorite memories there is running at 5am and seeing the people just finishing their night while I was starting mine!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Hour on the bike, nice and easy this morning and 3.2 miles on the treadmill this afternoon. Work holiday so it was nice to double up and still be ready for dinner at 6:30!

Dave - have fun in Vegas! One of my favorite memories there is running at 5am and seeing the people just finishing their night while I was starting mine!

Lol, I saw that running at 8 or 9am.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We had to put Trixie down today. Sad

Came back home and lifted because I didn't want to just sit around sad.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The rest of the day prior to coming home was pretty good. We test drove and ordered our Teslas. Glad we went and got some wine because I'm opening one now...

Damaris

So sorry Damaris, that is awful. 

Dave

For those who have run in Vegas from major hotels—I assume I’ll just do out & backs on the strip, or is there something better?

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Damaris - I'm so sorry to hear the news about Trixie.

Dave - I wasn't yet a runner when I visited LV, but just walking I learned it's very easy to get dehydrated.  It's so dry out there you could lose a couple of pounds of water and yet your shirt would still be dry, so there's no hint or prompt to remind you to drink.  Be careful.