Beginners and Beyond

Out with the old, in with the new New Year's DAILIES (Read 42 times)

Just B.S.

Congrats, great way to start your year and because that looks almost identical to the elevation up to my house I sympathize. Smile

Y'all are out ya damn minds if you thought I was doing all 6 hours!    1.5 hours for me, two loops.  The elevation was brutal -

There is a hot shower in my immediate future.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I ran 7.2 miles, not as awesome as I wanted like last Wednesday but not as awful as I was expecting so I guess it's all good. Gonna do carry out at Dennys and get my Sweet Potato Pancakes, then at some point today I've got to get Dorian some regular shoes (he's been wearing snow boots all winter).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Ric-G

happy new year and happy running to everyone out there...did 3 very easy miles this AM...may go for a trail hike in a few....maybe some coffee now and definitely some football later....

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

Guess I better go check...

Despite the frigid cold and fresh snow, I am going out for a run. I am just not feeling the hamster wheel today and need to get as many outdoor runs in before they become completely impossible.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I went to bed at 3am so when the alarm woke me up at 10am I was not pleased.  Took Trixie to the vet for her follow up and she is doing great.  MLR tonight.

Oski, it is too hot to run this morning.  I'll end the first day of 2014 with a run, ha.  Enjoy your 6 hour run.

Tom, nice run.  Sorry about the loss of speed but you'll find it back sooner than the first time.

Sparker, enjoy your rest and shopping day.

Phil, enjoy yours and MBC's run.

FreeSoul, congrats on the registration.

Marjorie, hope your run was great.

Jay, hi!!!

Dave, enjoy your TM run.

LRB, hope you got your run in.

Beth, enjoy the TM and the family!

D2, congrats on registering.

RicG, nice run!

Damaris

From the Internet.

I did! Just a short one, 2.25 miles around my neighborhood - did 4.4 yesterday and hoping to get in 4ish in the snow tomorrow. Thought back to last year when I went out for one single mile on January 1 just to try out the brand-new Garmin I got for Christmas and then had to take another 2.5 weeks before I could even attempt another run. Last winter was mentally and physically tough, hoping the rest of this winter continues to be smooth sailing for my glass legs!

Happy 2014, everyone!

Oski, thank you for starting today's thread. Enjoy the trail run.

Tom, I'm glad that you're running again.

Sparker1606, have fun shopping.

Phil, good luck to you and MBC.

FreeSoul87, sweet 7.2 with Rocky. Yay for registering!

Marjorie, have an awesome run.

DaveP MI, enjoy the TM.

Beth, I'm proud if all you've accomplished.

Dave, have a pleasant run around the lake.

Ric-G, terrific three-miler. Speedwork on the TM later.

happylily

Good morning, Oski and everyone else!

Oski, 90 minutes in the cold and on those hills is totally hardcore. Way to start 2014!

I went to bed at 2 am, and woke up at 10 am, similar to Damaris. I'm still hydrating with coffee, taking my time and enjoying just thinking about what I want out of 2014. Not sure yet, but it'll be good. 12 easy miles this afternoon, then movies on Netflix, port and some fruitcake.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

My optimism is fading a little - the knee feels a little "wonky" today, with some low-level pain in the usual places. We'll see. I guess that the key to recovery is to GO SLOW!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

StepbyStep-SH

Think I'm sitting out today - back/neck is still messed up (will be finding a massage and chiro tomorrow), our predicted high "feels like" is -7*, and no TM access. Not exactly how I wanted to start my year.

But I did book my hotel for Icebreaker, which I will still run despite having missed a lot of mileage and some friends dropping out. I'll still get to meet some RA/RWOL folks and get a solid mid-winter long run out of it.

Seeing so many of my FB friends register for races today, I feel a little left out. I can't seem to get excited about a spring race since I'm seeing any chance of being in shape to attempt a BQ drift away on little, stupid injuries and weight gain.

My thoughts were the Illinois Marathon to add another state, but I don't know if running it alone, without a time goal, really excites me.

New year, new schmeer. Blah.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 miles. Happy for it. My hip didn't hurt at all. My feet got a bit sore. But thst is okay.

Marjorie

LRB

My optimism is fading a little - the knee feels a little "wonky" today, with some low-level pain in the usual places. We'll see. I guess that the key to recovery is to GO SLOW!

Trust me, it is mental warfare coming back from injury!  My first month back was complete and utter torture!

Try not to think about it, some of that stuff is a normal part of the healing process.  Unless told otherwise, run easy, rest, recover, repeat.

DavePNW

Despite the frigid cold and fresh snow, I am going out for a run. I am just not feeling the hamster wheel today and need to get as many outdoor runs in before they become completely impossible.

You are a better man than me. Not going out in that shit.

Cleared the driveway, then did 10 on the treadmill. The snow is continuing to come down, looks like I will be hitting the driveway again later.

Dave

Hip Redux

Think I'm sitting out today - back/neck is still messed up (will be finding a massage and chiro tomorrow), our predicted high "feels like" is -7*, and no TM access. Not exactly how I wanted to start my year.

But I did book my hotel for Icebreaker, which I will still run despite having missed a lot of mileage and some friends dropping out. I'll still get to meet some RA/RWOL folks and get a solid mid-winter long run out of it.

Seeing so many of my FB friends register for races today, I feel a little left out. I can't seem to get excited about a spring race since I'm seeing any chance of being in shape to attempt a BQ drift away on little, stupid injuries and weight gain.

My thoughts were the Illinois Marathon to add another state, but I don't know if running it alone, without a time goal, really excites me.

New year, new schmeer. Blah.

Sad

If I could do a marathon, I'd come out and run with you!  Big grin

DavePNW

Have you done Michigan yet? If all goes well I am looking at the Martian (Dearborn) in April.

Dave